Not Your Fathers Root Beer

Started by McBryde, 08/31/2015 09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McBryde

Anyone had this before? How was it? I heard someone talking about it today, and we can't get it around here in Arkansas anywhere that I can find. Anyone able to get it locally?

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

cavenbk

You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

jharrisx5

Just finished my second sixer tonight...dangerous stuff if you like root beer
Puff Puff Give....

danb6177

It taste just like root beer. Very sweet. For me it don't work because I cant drink more than 2 root beers without getting sick of the sweet taste. But if you like root beer than that's what this is. No detection of alcohol at all (which is the other thing I don't like about it).

I will say this if you are drinking a lot of something else I would not switch to the root beer. I did this and my stomach felt like I got punched.
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

bmac7754

I just bought a six pack last weekend and enjoyed everyone of them.  I am a huge fan of root beer itself and this was really good.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

bigjohn20081983

I liked them when I tried them. They run about $11 a six pack here. To me the colder they are the better they are. When they get warm I start to get the beer taste sneaking in.  The local B&M keeps in in a 35ºF beer cooler and serves it over ice and it's pretty good that way.
You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

05Venturer

Awesome stuff, made here in Sconnie so I can usually get my hands on it.
Over ice is the best. And it goes great with a good smoke :thumbsup:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

millarddj

I'll second Kent. Made locally (almost as locally for me as for Kent, though I'm in MN) and good to the last drop. I can't drink it with a cigar, because I find that it overpowers the flavor in my mouth, but it's very good root beer (that just happens to be alcoholic). I've gone through a couple of six packs myself, and find it marvelous.

I was told last night by a friend in the beer bottling industry that they'd just been bought out by a macrobrewery - which, while somewhat concerning, means that you can now find their brews all over the place. :P
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

sjn1117

Tried last night for the first time.  Awesome!
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

Camshaft83

QuoteMcBryde - 8/31/2015  11:09 PM

Anyone had this before? How was it? I heard someone talking about it today, and we can't get it around here in Arkansas anywhere that I can find. Anyone able to get it locally?

E

They aren't here in Utah yet either. Sounds like some really good stuff though.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

johncw

Never heard of it. I will see if I can get my hands on some.

Jay'D

Heard about it and saw it was being served at a Red Robins in Jersey, couldn't pass up the opportunity to try it. Great Root Beer as I'm a lover of Root Beer, would love to try one with a cigar some day but unfortunately its not sold in my neck of the woods.   :-(  :-(  :-(
Last name Hungry first name Always

My hobby collection | http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Jay%27D

MIngmire

Heard about it but have yet to see it on store shelves here in St. Louis.
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. -Elbert Hubbard

bmac7754

For me the ran $12 a six pack and they were much better as they got colder in the fridge.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

DonM

I need to try it, was recommended by my daughter

"The Curmudgeon"

McBryde

I'm not big on the beer flavor, so I think this might be my route. I do love root beer though, and think this would be good with a smoke. Looking forward to giving it a try!

E

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

shakinghorizons

I had one last weekend - and although I love root beer - it tasted like rubbing alcohol to me, so I won't be drinking any more of them.

05Venturer

Quoteshakinghorizons - 9/1/2015  1:22 PM

I had one last weekend - and although I love root beer - it tasted like rubbing alcohol to me, so I won't be drinking any more of them.

Rubbing Alcohol :-0  :-0  :-0  :-0  :-0  WTH did you have with it?? LOL

I had to grab another sixer today while in town, runs about $10 here. Gonna go good with a smoke later on today.  :dancing:
Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

bmac7754

Quote05Venturer - 9/1/2015  2:35 PM  
Quoteshakinghorizons - 9/1/2015  1:22 PM  I had one last weekend - and although I love root beer - it tasted like rubbing alcohol to me, so I won't be drinking any more of them.
Rubbing Alcohol :-0  :-0  :-0  :-0  :-0  WTH did you have with it?? LOL  I had to grab another sixer today while in town, runs about $10 here. Gonna go good with a smoke later on today.  :dancing:

Do I see a Not Your Father Herf coming on 

Jay'D

Quotebmac7754 - 9/1/2015  3:03 PM

Quoteshakinghorizons - 9/1/2015  1:22 PM  I had one last weekend - and although I love root beer - it tasted like rubbing alcohol to me, so I won't be drinking any more of them.
Rubbing Alcohol :-0  :-0  :-0  :-0  :-0  WTH did you have with it?? LOL  I had to grab another sixer today while in town, runs about $10 here. Gonna go good with a smoke later on today.  :dancing:

Send me a case and I'll join in  :biggrin:  :beer:
Last name Hungry first name Always

My hobby collection | http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Jay%27D

millarddj

Quotebmac7754 - 9/1/2015  2:03 PM

I still have one left in the fridge, let's do it!  :dancing:
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

McBryde

Looks like I have some on the way as well, Herf On!

E

jdwaynes1980

I've been drinking the crap outa this stuff for months. I pay about $9.50 per six-pack, have seen it anywhere from $8.99 on sale to $12. Got another root beer-beer from a friend to try today. Coney Island Hard Root Beer. Haven't tried it yet, but If it tastes anything like root beer I'm sure I'll like it.

We should plan a "Not Your Fathers My Fathers" herf.

Only My Fathers cigars, and Not Your Father's Root Beer.
Roll Tide!

05Venturer

Quotejdwaynes1980 - 9/1/2015  5:41 PM

I've been drinking the crap outa this stuff for months. I pay about $9.50 per six-pack, have seen it anywhere from $8.99 on sale to $12. Got another root beer-beer from a friend to try today. Coney Island Hard Root Beer. Haven't tried it yet, but If it tastes anything like root beer I'm sure I'll like it.

We should plan a "Not Your Fathers My Fathers" herf.

Only My Fathers cigars, and Not Your Father's Root Beer.

I have tried 2 or 3 other root beer /beers and none were even close to NYF yet
Kent

jdwaynes1980

I just opened, and tried the Coney Island one... GARBAGE!

Gonna go grab a Not Your Fathers...
Roll Tide!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.