Looking to try a few Island Jim and Kings cigars sticks-- island Jim's CHECK!

Started by dwinstl, 09/18/2015 05:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwinstl

Hello fellow geeks! 

I'm looking to try a couple island Jim and / or kings cigars sticks. Heard a lot of good things and figured I'd reach out. I know these are not hard to get, just would rather trade then buy at this time. 

In my humidor I've got a bit of everything! Right now I'm pretty flush with Caldwell, AJ f. Ovals, various Fuentes, Olivia v's and some drew estate hard to find smokes. Please let me know if your interested and we can work out the details. 

-David

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

vw77guy

I'm going to meet Island Jim on Tuesday.  Should be a good time.  I put the event on the event's calendar if any one is in the Apex, NC area.

dwinstl

Boom!!! Just like that! Ask Cfickter and you shall reiceve!! Thanks chuck!! Thanks for the extra stick!
-David

cavenbk

You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

Longhorn

ntanner

I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Cfickter

Owe David an apology for this late posting.  Was happy to trade with him, He sent along some great sticks that I already have begun to enjoy.

trade1

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

appollo

Looks loike the trade worked out great for everyone.Great trade guys :thumbsup:

cavenbk

You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

dwinstl

-David

Cfickter

Quotedwinstl - 10/5/2015  1:27 PM  Enjoying the spoils of the trade! A wonderful smoke.

Glad you liked it.  I have heard that some people save the outer leaf and smoke it in a pipe! 

bmac7754

Nice trade you guys.Funny I have seen those cigars at the B&M and always thought it was just a really rough wrapper.  The guy working there told me it unwraps and its a clean cigar inside.  I felt so stupid, and have yet to purchase one.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Caveman Steve

Quotebmac7754 - 10/5/2015  5:55 PM  Nice trade you guys.Funny I seem them cigars at the B&M and always thought it was just a really rough wrapper.  The guy working there old me it unwraps and it a clean cigar inside.  I felt so stupid, and have yet to purchase one.

Don't feel stupid.  They are Great cigars IMHO........Idiot 

"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

dwinstl

That was the maduro in the picture today, hoping to try the sumatra next! i'll report back.
The maduro was really good, great wholesome tobacco flavors with deep coco undertones, some nice nutty sweetness, and some smoky flavors as well.  a great smoke for sure.
-David

Cfickter

Quotebmac7754 - 10/5/2015  5:55 PM  Nice trade you guys.Funny I have seen those cigars at the B&M and always thought it was just a really rough wrapper.  The guy working there told me it unwraps and its a clean cigar inside.  I felt so stupid, and have yet to purchase one.

A lot of people ask the same thing when seeing the cigar.  But underneath is one of the finest rolled sticks you will find

Jay'D

You guys did eachother well, great trade and I love those Leafs. I saw one at a B&M I visited and couldn't resist taking one up just because it was different to all the others. Figured had to be something good and I was correct. Bought a couple more since then and for the heck of it I tried smoking it with the outta wrapper on   :biggrin:  :biggrin:  If it wasn't for that long piece of what I would call a stick going down the entire length of the wrapper I think it would have been possible to smoke everthing, band and all. But yeah those are good smoke, I say let some of them rest for awhile and let those oils mingle under that wrapper and you will be in for a treat.
Last name Hungry first name Always

My hobby collection | http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Jay%27D

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.