THE RESULTS ARE IN!!!: (Soon to be) New Father Contest

Started by C130Driver, 09/24/2015 05:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C130Driver

While I have yet to win a contest, I was the recipient of two bombs when I first joined this community. It's time to pay it forward. Having recently learned my wife is pregnant with our first child, a contest seemed to be in order. Her due date is March 13. We do not yet know the sex of the baby. So, start submitting your guesses. Male/Female, birthday, and weight at birth. The categories will be weighted such that sex will carry the most weight, followed by birthday, followed by weight. If there is somehow a tie, those who guess too large a weight will be given the win over someone an equal distance off on the light side. If there is still a tie we'll figure something out. I have yet to decide the prize, but I'll let you know. Probably a 5er of some sort.
I never can understand how anyone can not smoke it deprives a man of the best part of life. With a good cigar in his mouth a man is perfectly safe, nothing can touch him, literally.

Thomas Mann

¨¨°¨°¨Ô¨°¨°¨¨

Check out my inventory http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=C130Driver

johncw

Congrat Devin that is awesome news...

I'll say a Girl, March 10th, 6lbs 5oz

headfirst

Girl, March 14, 7 pounds 2 ounces.

And CONGRATS, I'm sure you'll love being a dad! :cheer:
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

benchjockey

Boy, March 12th,  7 pounds 1 ounce.

Congrats, your life is changing. I'm sure you'll enjoy fatherhood.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

nirab

It's gonna be a boy, born on March 11th, weighing in at 8lbs 7oz... :biggrin:

Congrats! Being a parent is challenging, and at the same time, one of the most rewarding of life's experiences... :angel:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

lubrix

Congrats!, A boy,March 13th,7 pounds & 7 oz.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

appollo

Congrats brother.your going to be the father of a baby girl,6lbs.7oz.born on March 15  :-)

05Venturer

8 lb 4 oz Baby boy on March 9th

Congrats to you both and thanks for the contest
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

05Venturer

8 lb 4 oz Baby boy on March 9th

Congrats to you both and thanks for the contest
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Mojo66

Congratulations to both proud future parents and thanks for this contest.

My guess is you'll have a son on March 6th at 07h35 AM and he'll be just under 7 pounds at precisely 6 pounds 14 ounces.

Now, as far as the name goes, my bet is you'll want to give him the best name possible, so I'll suggest Sebastien   :lmao: :biggrin: :shamebag:
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Cfickter

Congratulations on the coming addition to the family and thanks for the contest!
My guess is a girl, March 17th, 8 lbs 0 oz

Here is to a health term and birth!
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

biggsy16

March 16 at 16:16,good luck health and happiness for everyone involved. Boy

Thanks Rich 

Never done being a Dad

sevencardstud

Congratulations! I am gonna say a bouncing baby Boy, on March 22nd and 7.5lbs
"Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar." -Mark Twain

Brlesq

Wishing you and your wife the very best!  Thanks for the contest.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

toby2

cavenbk

Congrats brother, and the best to you and your wife. I'm going to go early and say March 2nd, the little one will be a boy and he's going to weigh in at 9 lbs 2 oz. Congrats again and thank you for the contest.
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

plnortham

Ha! For the sake of ruining you sanity, you're going to have a baby girl, and to ruin your sanity even more, she will be born on March 17 (St Pattys Day) and she will weigh in at a healthy 9lbs4ozs.  Our daughters will grow up together causing us to gray faster than we realistically should.  See you soon good bud!
Phil Northam

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." ~Mark Twain

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." ~W.C. Fields

ntanner

March 20th will be the day you're son arrives and he will weigh in at 8 lbs. 6 oz. Congrat's. And Phillip is right about the premature grey.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

bmac7754

Congrats brother.  I'm going with a baby boy, 7lbs 4oz, on March 5th.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Longhorn

No guess... but congratulations!   :rocker:

McBryde

Congrats on the first little one! I'll say a girl on the 7th of March that weighs in at 7 lbs 14 oz.

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Otter

March 17th 7lbs 1oz forgot to add - Baby Girl

Congrats!!

R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

Kman

Congratulation!! Boy, March 15th (my birthday too) 7 lbs 4 oz
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

Ken Kelley

Congratulations! You're gonna wear out the Bump button way before March rolls around!  :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

artman556

March 12th it will be a boy and weigh 6 lbs 2 oz

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.