CyB Close out

Started by MT21, 09/26/2015 05:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT21

CI is running a weekend close out special on boxes. Great price on a discontinued cigar.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/specials/weekend-spotlight/
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

sevencardstud

"Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar." -Mark Twain

appollo

This is a good deal been wanting to try these ,but they won't ship up here any brother south of the border want to do a box split on any size.

ninfiction

This is not the admin you're looking for...

Cfickter

Thanks for the heads up
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

appollo

DonM

:angry: my cigar budget is blown!  Those are nice cigars, and the price is right

"The Curmudgeon"

MT21

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

nwb

Thanks for the heads up!  Finally used a CI Gift Certificate that I received last December and picked up a box of Lonsdale Clubs.  It is a shame these are being discontinued.
Chief of Shaft

vw77guy

They were a good smoke.  We're liquidating them at the store too since you can't order them anymore and we could use the space.  I picked up a few to age for a few years.  Eventually you won't be able to find them anywhere and I'll still have some!!!

DonM

Quotenwb - 9/26/2015  6:34 PM

Thanks for the heads up!  Finally used a CI Gift Certificate that I received last December and picked up a box of Lonsdale Clubs.  It is a shame these are being discontinued.

Definitely.  I have some already but hate to see them go, they are a nice cigar and for the money you spend on this sale it is well woth it

"The Curmudgeon"

MT21

QuoteDonM - 9/27/2015  6:13 AM

Definitely.  I have some already but hate to see them go, they are a nice cigar and for the money you spend on this sale it is well woth it

And there you have it friends. Why does the industry discontinue great cigars?  Maybe someone with inside knowledge in the industry could shed some light on the question.
I'm shaking my head on this one.  :confused:

Gurkha free zone.

nwb

QuoteMT21 - 9/27/2015  10:10 AM

And there you have it friends. Why does the industry discontinue great cigars?  Maybe someone with inside knowledge in the industry could shed some light on the question.

From what I understand, these aren't great sellers in B&Ms.  I might be mistaken, but I don't think the CyB marketing/branding has created a lot of consumer awareness outside of the online community.  Not to mention the cigar was created jointly by Cuenca and Blanco, and since then, one of the creators has created a new company.

All speculation on my part....
Chief of Shaft

nirab

Great cigar, but my budget is not so great.  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

MT21

Quotenwb - 9/27/2015  5:28 PM

QuoteMT21 - 9/27/2015  10:10 AM

From what I understand, these aren't great sellers in B&Ms.  I might be mistaken, but I don't think the CyB marketing/branding has created a lot of consumer awareness outside of the online community.  Not to mention the cigar was created jointly by Cuenca and Blanco, and since then, one of the creators has created a new company.

All speculation on my part....

Erik Espinosa & Eddie Ortega parted company but kept the 601 line going. JdN is not a small "boutique" manufactuer but chose to discontinue CyB.  I guess they have put all their efforts into the Joya Red.

As far as B&M's go. I rarely get to one here in Western Washington. Since you can't smoke in one here. Rain City Cigars is a good B&M in south Seattle but too far for me to get to. Most B&M's near me sell "other" smoking products and their cigar selection is very generic and limited. I would be in severe trouble without the ability to purchase on line.

Gurkha free zone.

junglepete

I picked up a box last week. Damn they are really good!! This one really is a good medium bodied smoke that finishes just a tad stronger than medium. Smoked 4 of them already and was so impressed that I went back to the site and got another box yesterday. The special is still on gents. Great value @ $3.60 a pop.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/cigars/98029/cyb-closeout/#p-192291
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.