November Member Sponsored Geek Critique (Last Two Weeks)

Started by junglepete, 09/28/2015 12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by 05venturer (Kent).

The Cigar: Camacho Triple Maduro Robusto (5 x 50)

The Hype: These highly complex, intensely flavorful rock star blends come from the fertile soils of Honduras in a climate that rivals the lush Vuelta Abajo region of Cuba. Superior, expertly cultivated tobacco leaves are grown at Ranchos Jamastran under the watchful gaze of the Eiroa family.

Camacho Triple Maduro is the world's first all-maduro cigar. Prepare thyself for an explosion of dark, complex flavors. Triple Maduro was created for fans of a full-bodied blend, and this one is packing heat. You can anticipate rich and hearty undertones of spice and earth that are strong and bold without completely decimating the palate. Evenly constructed and especially dark and inviting, this is one maduro you won't want to miss. Rumor has it that the Eiroas had to attempt the perfect blend 84 times before they got it right.

The Reviewers: To be chosen by the Sponsor

1. Ken Kelley (Ken)
2. Fran95 (Francesco)
3. mpurtle (Matt)
4. Camshaft83 (Cam)
5. ntanner Neal

Due Date: November 10, 2015

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this new initiative in place.

Thanks again to Kent for taking this one on and providing the cigar. THANKS!! And happy smokin'  :cigarman:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Ken Kelley

I'd like a chance at this one please! Love me them Camacho 3M's!  :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Ken Kelley

Thanks for sponsoring this one, Kent.  The Camacho Triple Maduro is an excellent cigar and I'm more than happy to participate. As echoed by others when I posted my November offering for the first two weeks I can't believe you don't have people crawling all over this one.

Fran95

I'd really like to try this one out and review it. Also thanks for sponsoring this Kent.

Ken Kelley

QuoteFran95 - 9/29/2015  4:12 AM

I'd really like to try this one out and review it. Also thanks for sponsoring this Kent.

You won't be disappointed!  :biggrin:

05Venturer

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

junglepete

Folks, the criteria has changed and members who have already sponsored a Geek Critique in the last year will get first crack. Sorry for the confusion. I made the decision before hearing back from the sponsor, my bad, my apologies   :shamebag: The Sponsor will chose his reviewers.
Guru of Frugality

headfirst

When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

horrido

Hey if you run out of the first crack crowd can I be in the second crack crowd? Thanks
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

danb6177

Quotehorrido - 9/29/2015  5:54 PM

Hey if you run out of the first crack crowd can I be in the second crack crowd? Thanks

X2  :biggrin:
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

mpurtle01

05Venturer

Quotempurtle01 - 9/30/2015  9:48 PM

I'd love to review this one.

You're in Matt :thumbsup:
Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Camshaft83

I've done a couple recently but if you need another I will make some time for it  :biggrin:
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

mpurtle01

05Venturer

Still looking for a couple more members that have been generous enough to sponsor a critique themselves before I open this up.
Kent

Ken Kelley

Quote05Venturer - 10/5/2015  8:31 AM

Still looking for a couple more members that have been generous enough to sponsor a critique themselves before I open this up.

Let the dogs loose!  :biggrin:

05Venturer

QuoteCamshaft83 - 10/1/2015  5:14 AM

I've done a couple recently but if you need another I will make some time for it  :biggrin:

Cam your in buddy :biggrin:
Kent

ntanner

I have done a couple already but if you havn't found any body I would be more then happy to step up.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

05Venturer

Quotentanner - 10/7/2015  8:23 PM

I have done a couple already but if you havn't found any body I would be more then happy to step up.

You've got the last slot Neal
Kent

05Venturer

Filled up (finally)

Cigars will go out within the next week or so. :meansmoke:
Kent

Camshaft83

Quote05Venturer - 10/7/2015  3:30 PM

QuoteCamshaft83 - 10/1/2015  5:14 AM

Cam your in buddy :biggrin:

Thanks for letting me in on this review Kent!  :dancing:
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

05Venturer

These will hit the mail tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest. Sorry for the delay, life got busy for a bit. LOL. should still give everyone over 2 weeks to get these done.
Kent

Camshaft83

Sounds great Kent. Can't wait to smoke one of these :bigthumbs:

05Venturer

Be on the lookout gents

Shipping via USPS

1. Ken Kelley (Ken)  9405503699300169572553
2. Fran95 (Francesco)  9405503699300170541012
3. mpurtle (Matt)  9405503699300170540992
4. Camshaft83 (Cam)  9405503699300169572560
5. ntanner Neal  9405503699300169572584
Kent

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.