Updated Arcade Released

Started by SenorPablo, 11/01/2009 08:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenorPablo

Hi Folks.  I just released a new version of the Arcade.  It adds more detail on the home page of the arcade to give an idea of the latest goings on with the comptetion.  Also you can rate the games as well and there are no categories that games are grouped under.

One of the biggest changes is the ability to track top scorers on a monthly, quarterly, yearly, and all time basis.  Monthly high scores are wiped out automatically at the end of each month - quarterly, the end of each quarter, etc...  So it brings the competition down a level as well besides just all time high scores.

A few more minor bells and whistles as well.  Let me know if you notice any issues.

Cheers!
-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

junglepete

Thanks Paul....improvements are always good...damn, and I worked so hard to get the top score in Billiards.  :biggrin:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

SenorPablo

Quotejunglepete - 11/1/2009  9:29 AM

Thanks Paul....improvements are always good...damn, and I worked so hard to get the top score in Billiards.  :biggrin:

You've still got it in the Alltime, This year, and this Quarter.  Only the Monthly one was wiped out.  Quarterly will get wiped out at the end of March, June, September, and December.  Yearly will get wiped out at the end of the year.  But the alltime high scores will remain forever.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

nwb

Chief of Shaft

Olejay

Cool!  :shades:  Can't wait to give'r a go, and thanks for all the great work you do here Paul!!

Jay
Jay  

Smoking is one of the leading causes of statistics - Fletcher Knebel

Anthony

I'm getting this error with game plays:  "Your score did not pass the validation test"  including a new high score of over 31,000 for Downhill Jumps.
_____

SenorPablo

QuoteAnthony - 11/1/2009  2:33 PM

I'm getting this error with game plays:  "Your score did not pass the validation test"  including a new high score of over 31,000 for Downhill Jumps.

Do you get this on any particular game?  Is it consistent or can you reproduce it?  Also, what browser do you use?

Anyone else seeing this?

SenorPablo

Actually I was just going through the log files and saw an issue.  I think it has been corrected.  Let me know if anyone else has any issuses.

Thanks!
-Paul

Anthony

QuoteSenorPablo - 11/1/2009  4:50 PM

QuoteAnthony - 11/1/2009  2:33 PM

Do you get this on any particular game?  Is it consistent or can you reproduce it?  Also, what browser do you use?

Anyone else seeing this?

Mahjongg and Downhill jumps. Google Chrome.  Cleared my cache and cookies...  Happens every time I play.  :confused:
_____

SenorPablo

Not seeing any more errors in the log.  Let me know if you see anything.

Thanks!
-Paul

Hound10

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I just got 21,000,000 + on FlipWit and it said a runtime error when i submitted the score!
"Smoking is one of the leading causes of statistics"

SenorPablo

QuoteHound10 - 11/3/2009  1:19 PM

I just got 21,000,000 + on FlipWit and it said a runtime error when i submitted the score!

Hey Nathan.  I saw it come through in the logs, so I added it.  Come you elaborate more on the error you got?  Did your browser crash, or did the web site spit out an error.

Thanks,
-Paul

NES Tek

Love the new updates and games.

And I see that you still are rockin' that 10,000 on Moon Lander Paul?  :shades:
"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

SenorPablo

QuoteNES Tek - 11/3/2009  4:11 PM

Love the new updates and games.

And I see that you still are rockin' that 10,000 on Moon Lander Paul?  :shades:

Thanks.  Yeah moonlander maxes out at 10000 so no one can beat me.  :biggrin:  I was going to just remove it because of that, but it seems to be getting decent play time.  Plus it has my high score.  :biggrin:

b128thopen

My little dude keeps getting stuck in the walls on Gauntlet 2  :confused:
Remember who you are, where you come from, and who you represent.

Just started the Humidor.
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=b128thopen

NES Tek

Quoteb128thopen - 11/3/2009  2:47 PM

My little dude keeps getting stuck in the walls on Gauntlet 2  :confused:

That kept happening to me, but sometimes I could work my way back out of the wall.
"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

Hound10

QuoteSenorPablo - 11/3/2009  2:10 PM

QuoteHound10 - 11/3/2009  1:19 PM

Hey Nathan.  I saw it come through in the logs, so I added it.  Come you elaborate more on the error you got?  Did your browser crash, or did the web site spit out an error.

Thanks,
-Paul

WOW - those logs are amazing.

I must say too Paul, the arcade is fantastic.......absolutely fantastic. If the Arcade gave points to members we might have an opportunity to catch some of you guys on the monthly contest HAHA.

To elaborate: It was definitely a site error that spit back at me, full page of white with words at the top left, then it took me back to the homepage. It stated something along the lines of "runtime error" - I'd never seen an error like that one before, either on this site or anywhere else.
"Smoking is one of the leading causes of statistics"

SenorPablo

QuoteHound10 - 11/3/2009  7:57 PM

WOW - those logs are amazing.

I must say too Paul, the arcade is fantastic.......absolutely fantastic. If the Arcade gave points to members we might have an opportunity to catch some of you guys on the monthly contest HAHA.

To elaborate: It was definitely a site error that spit back at me, full page of white with words at the top left, then it took me back to the homepage. It stated something along the lines of "runtime error" - I'd never seen an error like that one before, either on this site or anywhere else.

Thanks.  I think I figured it out.  It had to do with the HUGE score you got.  Some of the math that went on behind the scenes couldn't handle a number that large.  I made some adjustments and hopefully we won't see it again.

-Paul

Anthony

Really enjoying the new features and games Paul, thanks!

I figured out the issue with Mahjongg finally.  I just got a high score of 40340 that was not recorded. I realized that since the game only has 3 levels, if you beat the third level it doesn't "end" and record your score as it does if you run out of moves or run out of time.
_____

Olejay

Although i'm sure Nukbucko would disagree  :shades: , shouldn't the scoring for the minigolf game be the other way around? (Lowest score wins?)

Of course this contradicts the way I play golf in real life, but that's another story.....
Jay  

Smoking is one of the leading causes of statistics - Fletcher Knebel

SenorPablo

QuoteOlejay - 11/22/2009  2:43 PM

Although i'm sure Nukbucko would disagree  :shades: , shouldn't the scoring for the minigolf game be the other way around? (Lowest score wins?)

Of course this contradicts the way I play golf in real life, but that's another story.....

Good point.  I'm going to remove this one.  The system just doesn't work for games where lower scores are better.
-Paul

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.