My new ashtray

Started by johncw, 10/15/2015 09:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johncw

I took Phillip (plnortham) up on his offer to trade an ashtray he built for some cigars.

I'm very pleased with the workmanship and think it really looks cool. My end will be going out tomorrow.

Thanks again.

toby2

pretty cool. even cooler once it gets a little age and a few battle scars for character.

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

appollo

Nice I like the design  :thumbsup:

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

ninfiction

Very nice, I like it.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

bertf86

Very nice ashtray Johncw... the third picture had me feeling trippy though, two of the cigar holders looked like pyramids & I couldnt work out how you were going to balance the cigars on them  :lmao:
"God damnit - I canoed it!" KingCobraJFS

plnortham

Glad you like it John!  Hope you enjoy it for years to come!
Phil Northam

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." ~Mark Twain

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." ~W.C. Fields

Mojo66

Real good looking ashtray, well done. Can't wait to see the other end of that trade
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

sevencardstud

Awesome. Good Trade
"Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar." -Mark Twain

Camshaft83

Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

nirab

Very nice indeed! How did I miss the chance to trade???  :crazy:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

johncw

Quotenirab - 10/15/2015  4:11 PM

Very nice indeed! How did I miss the chance to trade???  :crazy:

I have no idea!  :hitme:

nirab

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

MacMac

Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

cavenbk

You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

scrubs

I'm sitting with Phil now and he says he's willing to make more. Just let him know.
Kristofor "Kris" Copes

An exchange between Lady Astor and Winston Churchill:
Lady Astor:  "If I were your wife I would put poison in your coffee!"
Churchill: "And if I were your husband I would drink it."

ntanner

Nice trade. Looking forward to seeing the other end.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

StogieDad

Pretty darn cool!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

plnortham

As Kris said above, I'm willing to make more, but I'm only making them to order. So if you want one, you gotta ask me to make it.  Materials are pricey and I don't have room for them to just lay around.  Happy to do it though!  Just let me know.  Cheers!
Phil Northam

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." ~Mark Twain

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." ~W.C. Fields

nirab

Quoteplnortham - 10/16/2015  7:45 AM

As Kris said above, I'm willing to make more, but I'm only making them to order. So if you want one, you gotta ask me to make it.  Materials are pricey and I don't have room for them to just lay around.  Happy to do it though!  Just let me know.  Cheers!

If you are up for trading, I'm definitely interested.  :biggrin: I'm fairly certain that my geek math skills are up to the challenge!  :shy:  :shades:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

johncw

Phillip heading out today 9405803699300091628961

plnortham

Quotenirab - 10/15/2015  9:34 AM

If you are up for trading, I'm definitely interested.  :biggrin: I'm fairly certain that my geek math skills are up to the challenge!  :shy:  :shades:

Ha!  Ill take you up on that!  Shoot me a PM nirab with your address and I will get to working on a new one.  It takes about a week give or take a day or two, due to stain, poly seal drying, and me being a new dad.  Also, do you want it to look just like John's or do you care what design I go with? I've got a couple new ideas I'm toying with.  :cheers:
Phil Northam

plnortham

John, I look forward to it!  Thank you!  Ill let you know when it arrives.
Phil Northam

johncw

Quoteplnortham - 10/16/2015  10:54 AM

Quotenirab - 10/15/2015  9:34 AM

Ha!  Ill take you up on that!  Shoot me a PM nirab with your address and I will get to working on a new one.  It takes about a week give or take a day or two, due to stain, poly seal drying, and me being a new dad.  Also, do you want it to look just like John's or do you care what design I go with? I've got a couple new ideas I'm toying with.  :cheers:

Congrats on being a new dad.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.