New Ownership - Dirty Leaf Cigars

Started by dirtyleafcigars, 10/23/2015 01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirtyleafcigars

Hey hey boys and girls. As some of you know, Dirty Leaf Cigars recently came into new ownership and we've been working long and hard to get things going and build the company into what it can and should be. We spent more or less an entire month and thousands of dollars sending unfilled orders to past customers, making sure everything was made right. It's important to us that everyone knows things are different and the company runs as it should, without issue. We've kept the things that work, and changed the things that didn't, plain and simple. And we are improving and getting in incredible new products everyday.

The Cigar Geeks community is amazing and important to us which is why we waited to post here, to be sure things were situated first.

So we hope you guys will give us the opportunity to show you the new Dirty Leaf. We think you'll be pleased.

Use coupon code: cigargeeks for 20% off orders of $50 or more. Offer ends Sunday.

And remember, Dirty Leaf ALWAYS offers free U.S. shipping, the lowest international rates around, and a price match guarantee. 

www.DirtyLeafCigars.com

dirtyleafcigars

Oh, and additionally if for some reason you have any items that you ordered from the old Dirty Leaf and never received, please let us know and we'll take care of you immediately.

headfirst

Will you price match AND provide the 20% discount or is it just one or the other?
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

cavenbk

I know there have been some unhappy people recently. I hope that y'all have things going the way that you want them now, and are able to show that you got things running right. Welcome back and thank you for the generous discount code.
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

McBryde

I've let y'all know multiple times about stuff I still have on order, going on a year now, and I'm still getting strung along! This place is a joke, and I wouldn't order a flipping thing from them until they get everything sorted out with the people they are screwing around still! And they still have plenty of orders unfilled. Their website and deals look good, but not if you never get what you order!

My .02.

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Brlesq

Yeah, I would like to see McBryde taken care of before I consider placing any orders. Let us all know if this happens, Emerson.

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

nirab

Sounds like they are trying to make things right. We all have amends to make, lets see em take care of E, and if that takes place, I'd give em another shot. The discount code sure would be nice a few weeks from now, so that we see the actions of their words first, before putting our trust in a posted apology.

Our only possessions are our actions... :angel:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

McBryde

My order was placed on December 15th of 2014, and I'm still waiting on a 3 pack presentation box of Reconquistas and a 4oz black ice pie style humidifier. Less that $60 worth of crap, it's all principle now!

E

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

headfirst

I agree, let's see them take care of Emerson first.  I was thinking of our new Scottish geek and at least a shipment was sent albeit to somewhere 300 miles away from him, so it does seem like they're making an effort.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

McBryde

I've got email after email of "it hasn't come in" or "it came in last Mondaybut we must have missed you in the shipping, we'll get it right out to you", and "it should be out in the next few days". Those were in July, August, September, etc. Still nada!

E

dirtyleafcigars

Hi Emerson. Like we said, unfortunately the 3 packs of the Reconquista are still unavailable. I do however have 3 packs of the Divinia which is similar. Or full boxes of the Reconquista just came back in stock with our distributor if you simply like 3 of them loose from a larger box. They are still packaged in the individual coffin boxes, just no outer box. We can do either one of those for you.

dirtyleafcigars

We have been doing our best, and doing it as quickly as we can. Like I said, they was quite a large number of unfilled orders that have taken quite some time to try and fill. Especially with many being placed so long ago that many items are currently out of stock. I promise you we will not stop until everyone has received everything they ordered under the previous ownership. This is of the utmost importance to us. We walked into quite a mess in many respects (literally and figuratively) and its simply taken some time to sort out. We appreciate those of you that have stuck with us and shown incredible patience as well as the amazing response from new customers. We'll get there guys, no doubt about it.

McBryde

Pete,

I'd be interested in getting 3 of the Reconquistas loose from a box.  That would be fine with me as well, no outer box is no big deal. I'd still like to get the Black Ice Pie humidifier as well if those are in stock. I'll shoot you a PM with my address, and keep these guys informed on it's status.

Emerson

raize

If it was me, I would make sure to do everything i could to get Emerson's order fulfilled ASAP, even if that meant buying them at retail and taking a loss.  It sounds like several geeks are just waiting for his order to be fulfilled before they place an order. I losing money one one deal means making money on several others, it seems like a no brainer...
An architect's most useful tools are an eraser at the drafting board, and a wrecking bar at the site.
- Frank Lloyd Wright

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=raize

Cfickter

QuoteBrlesq - 10/23/2015  8:09 PM  Yeah, I would like to see McBryde taken care of before I consider placing any orders. Let us all know if this happens, Emerson.  

I am with Bruce, take care of Emerson, and it sounds like you are heading in the right direction.  He is being perhaps more forgiving than I would be.  But then also if I was the new owner I would be doing more.  I know these are inherited problems, but what would win me over is going the extra mile
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

05Venturer

Hey Pete, in case you missed this thread here is one you may want to check out.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=29572.0

Also really hoping the name is for real and not a Mad Men reference  :-0  :shy:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Mojo66

I consider myself lucky as I had a few flawless transactions with DLC in the past but stopped ordering from them when a few Geeks started posting about issues.

I wish I could do business with them again as they are one of the few that will ship the the GWN but as it stands now, I'm still nervous spending my hard earned (Canadian) dollars not knowing for sure I'll get what I paid for in a timely fashion.

But I'm all for making amends and I'll jump back on that train when all here have been fully satisfied on past unfilled orders and that the new ownership has proved serious in their desire to regain our community's trust.
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

ThinBlueLine

I won a contest on here from DLC and was supposed to receive 10% off my order...can I use that with the 20% off coupon as well?
I enjoy romantic walks to my humidors...

ThinBlueLine

Disregard I placed an order of Tatuaje 7th Reserva...hope all goes smoothly
I enjoy romantic walks to my humidors...

dirtyleafcigars

Absolutely, that's what we're doing we simply didn't have the option previously as both were out of stock. Like I said, we're taking care of everyone one by one and have pretty much done so at this point. We're doing our best

dirtyleafcigars

If you have any questions about coupons, discounts, promos, or more specific, individual issues please PM me and I'll answer your questions. =)

Brlesq

Quotedirtyleafcigars - 10/24/2015  5:49 PM

Absolutely, that's what we're doing we simply didn't have the option previously as both were out of stock. Like I said, we're taking care of everyone one by one and have pretty much done so at this point. We're doing our best

:thumbsup:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

jdwaynes1980

December 2014?

I think you should send him the whole box, not just 3 loose.
Roll Tide!

dirtyleafcigars

We'll be including quite a few extra cigars, as we have with most everyone so far.

Camshaft83

Looking forward to seeing where dirty leaf goes from here and when feedback starts being positive again doing business with them.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.