Cigars for the Troops

Started by SenorPablo, 11/09/2009 02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenorPablo

I just wanted to give an update on the Cigars for Troops effort.  As many of you know I was the recipient of a very generous cigar bomb.  

See here if you missed it:
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=3580.0

I asked to forward the majority of it to our troops in Afghanistan and without any objection from the folks involved I am preparing this.  I have had a few others who had also expressed interest in sending some along for the effort as well so I am waiting on those.  If anyone else has any interest in providing some PM me.

I am providing a large rugged tupperware container, butane, 3 torch lighter, cutter, and some humidity beads and juice.  Hopefully everything they need to keep it in shape.

I'll keep you guys up to date on this effort as time goes on.

Thanks!
-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

podman28

Very nice Paul. Back in August we did a collection at a local herf. We ended up collecting over 90 lbs. in cigars and were able to send out some very nice bombs to the deserving troops. :biggrin:

nwb

Great job on both accounts!

nwb
Chief of Shaft

DonM

Very nice!  Having worn combat boots, I know they will be greatly appreciated

"The Curmudgeon"

Anthony

Very nice Paul!  I'm sure they will be much appreciated.
_____

mountedshriner

Tremendous idea on your part Paul! Look forward to the progress of this great Cigars for Troops effort!! :dancing:  :dancing:
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

lowpro75

Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

SenorPablo

So the guys got the cigars sent to them.  2 days before xmas.  You may have seen Roger's (superfugio) post on the Pass for the Troops thread.  He included a picture he took on christmas night of them enjoying some of the sticks.  In the photo albums and still on the home page now.  Thanks again for everyone that made this happen!

Cheers!
-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

nwb

QuoteSenorPablo - 12/27/2009  1:11 PM

So the guys got the cigars sent to them.  2 days before xmas.  You may have seen Roger's (superfugio) post on the Pass for the Troops thread.  He included a picture he took on christmas night of them enjoying some of the sticks.  In the photo albums and still on the home page now.  Thanks again for everyone that made this happen!

Cheers!
-Paul

Awesome pic!  It is nice to see we could provide a little something for their effort  :-)

nwb
Chief of Shaft

SenorPablo

Quotenwb - 12/27/2009  1:18 PM

Awesome pic!  It is nice to see we could provide a little something for their effort  :-)

nwb

Yeah...I think they really appreciated it.  I was thinking it would last them awhile altogether it was close to 100 sticks.  But given how those guys share everything and watch out for each other they might go quick.  It's a heck of a way to celebrate xmas and i'm glad we could bring a little cheer.
-Paul

NES Tek

Cheers to that!
 :cheers:

Nice work gentlemen.
"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

Jackal

Great timing on it too.

Those guys and gals are stuck in a God forsaken place far away from their homes and families.  I am sure that they appreciate knowing that there are those back here who think about them.  

Paul, I am sure that you helped to brighten up their Christmas.

:bigthumbs:

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

DennisA

Kudos to you , Paul, for helping to bring a little bit of joy to the season for those folks that are in harms way!  :bigthumbs:

I showed wifey the pic, and explained what was going on, and even though she hates my "stinky cigars", she was touched.

Of all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the most.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.