Massive Bomb Goes Off In Staten Island, NY!!! (Courtesy of Texlewee)

Started by rkarkada, 11/16/2009 10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rkarkada

It's actually a funny story...

When I got the package, there were 23 cigars inside, and I had no idea that it was a bomb.  I thought it was a cigar pass that Scott accidently sent to me.  So, I sent Scott an e-mail asking who should have actually gotten the cigars.  To my shock and surprise, he informed me that it was a BOMB for me!

I was ecstatic, especially since I have not tried the majority of the cigars he sent.  I cant wait to smoke and review them!

Scott,  

Just want to say thank you again for your kind gesture and generosity.  I was really surprised and you definitely made my weekend!  My humidor runneth over....

My fellow geeks on this forum are some of the most kind and generous people around!

Kindest regards,
Rich

mcdimond

Michael

Fun Fact:
Groucho Marx suffered from insomnia, which he claimed was due to a financial loss in the stock market. When he suffered from insomnia, he used to call people up in the middle of the night and insult them. In the 1950s Groucho was invited to take a tour of the New York Stock Exchange. While in the observation booth, he grabbed the public address system handset and began singing "Lydia the Tattooed Lady". Upon hearing silence coming from the trading floor, he walked into view, was given a loud cheer by the traders, and shouted, "Gentlemen, in 1929 I lost eight hundred thousand dollars on this floor, and I intend to get my money's worth!" For fifteen minutes, he sang, danced, told jokes, and all this time, the Wall Street stock ticker was running blank.

DennisA

Of all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the most.

BlackIrish

Good to see that Tex is back and causing trouble.  That's a beautifully constructed bomb, and a great choice of targets.

:thumbsup:
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

texlewee

It gave me great pleasure to type the 4 words:

You have been bombed.
" The only thing better than a good cigar is ANOTHER good cigar. "

" What a pleasant stain comes from an enemy's blood.  "

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=texlewee

lowpro75

Nice.  What did Rich do that I didn't do?  Or did you send it to the wrong Rich?
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

texlewee

I especially like that the detonation was very stealth, as the victim thought it was a harmless cigar pass.....

Then.........

BOOM....

Gotcha. :lmao:

texlewee

Quotelowpro75 - 11/16/2009  11:17 AM

Nice.  What did Rich do that I didn't do?  Or did you send it to the wrong Rich?

Bombs are typically sent by the criminally insane with no rhyme or reason.

NES Tek

"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

cmmayo

--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

podman28

Nice work Scott! I am wondering if the ignition switch on artillery device may go off soon. You might have given me some inspiration. :shades:

Jackal

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

sam a

Any cigars portrayed in this post that appear to be Cuban in origin are completely fictional in nature. Any resemblance between these cigars and actual Cuban cigars is unintended and purely coincidental.

rkarkada

I had the Macanudo Portafino last night.  A great smoke, indeed.  Only 22 more to go......!!!

lowpro75

I got a couple bombs in my arsenal that may be ready to deploy.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

texlewee

Quoterkarkada - 11/16/2009  2:29 PM

I had the Macanudo Portafino last night.  A great smoke, indeed.  Only 22 more to go......!!!

See? Everyone has their own taste profile.... I always held that Portafino was Spanish for  " Get that weak s**t out of my face" :lmao:

DonM

"The Curmudgeon"

Anthony

_____

rkarkada

Quotetexlewee - 11/16/2009  3:55 PM

See? Everyone has their own taste profile.... I always held that Portafino was Spanish for  " Get that weak s**t out of my face" :lmao:

Fine, I concede, it may be a little weak, but it has a nice mellow flavor. (It goes great with cup of earl grey tea for those times when you don't' feel like being all masculine, and want to just talk about "feelings")  :lmao:  :lmao:

mountedshriner

Exceptional bomb!! I am speechless. Fantastic job by all.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

SenorPablo

Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Hot Stuff x

LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

cmmayo

Quoterkarkada - 11/16/2009  4:04 PM

Quotetexlewee - 11/16/2009  3:55 PM

Fine, I concede, it may be a little weak, but it has a nice mellow flavor. (It goes great with cup of earl grey tea for those times when you don't' feel like being all masculine, and want to just talk about "feelings")  :lmao:  :lmao:

Sounds like it might go better with some vinegar and water, dude.
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

nwb

Chief of Shaft

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.