cheapercigars.com experience?

Started by akira, 12/04/2009 01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akira

Does anybody have any experience with these guys?  I ran a search for something and these are one of the only online retailers to have them.  Thanks.
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

BlackIrish

Never ordered from them, but according to CigarCyclopedia, no. 15 on the list of the top 25 national retailers.

http://www.cigarcyclopedia.com/webapp/images/stories/retailerrankings/retailer_rankings_2009_final_90709.pdf
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

Dave S.

I've been enjoying this site for several months now and thought this question presented an opportunity to jump in.

First, I've enjoyed the banter here, particularly the comments about the evolution of cigar smoking.  A year ago, I had about 30 cigars in one humidor and thought a Macanudo Hyde Park was as good as it could get, and now I can't stand Macanudo and have over 600 cigars in 8 humidors.

Second, I had a very unpleasant experience with cheapercigars.com.

Roughly 10 months ago, I ordered a box of Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 Robustos from them, and I had two problems.  First, it took nearly five weeks for the cigars to arrive.  Second, I'd have been better off if they'd never arrived.  They appeared to have been significantly over-humidified and then significantly under-humidified to compensate, as in a week out in the rain and another week in Death Valley to make up for it.

I tried five cigars, they all tasted dreadful, I never finished one, and I tossed the box.  I probably should have contacted customer service, but, by that time, I didn't expect much from them.

I've ordered from JR, Thompson, and Cigarbid/CI with no problems.
"There are not enough Indians in the world to defeat the Seventh Cavalry."

George Armstrong Custer

cmmayo

--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

Sticks

Welcome Dave and don't be a stranger.  That's the great thing about this site is that people like you have much to offer others who need information before making a purchase or just enjoy the daily BS that we happily share with others.

BlackIrish

QuoteDave S. - 12/4/2009  4:49 PM

I've been enjoying this site for several months now and thought this question presented an opportunity to jump in.

First, I've enjoyed the banter here, particularly the comments about the evolution of cigar smoking.  A year ago, I had about 30 cigars in one humidor and thought a Macanudo Hyde Park was as good as it could get, and now I can't stand Macanudo and have over 600 cigars in 8 humidors.

Second, I had a very unpleasant experience with cheapercigars.com.

Roughly 10 months ago, I ordered a box of Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 Robustos from them, and I had two problems.  First, it took nearly five weeks for the cigars to arrive.  Second, I'd have been better off if they'd never arrived.  They appeared to have been significantly over-humidified and then significantly under-humidified to compensate, as in a week out in the rain and another week in Death Valley to make up for it.

I tried five cigars, they all tasted dreadful, I never finished one, and I tossed the box.  I probably should have contacted customer service, but, by that time, I didn't expect much from them.

I've ordered from JR, Thompson, and Cigarbid/CI with no problems.

Welcome to CG!  Sorry to hear about your experience, but thanks for letting us know.
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

mcdimond

Welcome aboard, Dave!

As for cheapercigars, I've always found a better price with a little looking so I've never dealt with them.

What on earth do they have that other retailers don't?
Michael

Fun Fact:
Groucho Marx suffered from insomnia, which he claimed was due to a financial loss in the stock market. When he suffered from insomnia, he used to call people up in the middle of the night and insult them. In the 1950s Groucho was invited to take a tour of the New York Stock Exchange. While in the observation booth, he grabbed the public address system handset and began singing "Lydia the Tattooed Lady". Upon hearing silence coming from the trading floor, he walked into view, was given a loud cheer by the traders, and shouted, "Gentlemen, in 1929 I lost eight hundred thousand dollars on this floor, and I intend to get my money's worth!" For fifteen minutes, he sang, danced, told jokes, and all this time, the Wall Street stock ticker was running blank.

DonM

Welcome to CG Dave and thanks for sharing.  It sounds like you have jumped into cigars with both feet.  600 cigars and 8 humidors in a year, wow!

"The Curmudgeon"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.