Ads by Google

Started by mcdimond, 12/05/2009 11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcdimond

So I see we have Ads by Google on the site now.

Paul, how do we make this send $$ to Cigar Geeks? Does it work if we just click on the ads?
Michael

Fun Fact:
Groucho Marx suffered from insomnia, which he claimed was due to a financial loss in the stock market. When he suffered from insomnia, he used to call people up in the middle of the night and insult them. In the 1950s Groucho was invited to take a tour of the New York Stock Exchange. While in the observation booth, he grabbed the public address system handset and began singing "Lydia the Tattooed Lady". Upon hearing silence coming from the trading floor, he walked into view, was given a loud cheer by the traders, and shouted, "Gentlemen, in 1929 I lost eight hundred thousand dollars on this floor, and I intend to get my money's worth!" For fifteen minutes, he sang, danced, told jokes, and all this time, the Wall Street stock ticker was running blank.

mcdimond

And while we're talking about it, one of the advertisers is Taboo Cigars. Anybody tried them?
Michael

Fun Fact:
Groucho Marx suffered from insomnia, which he claimed was due to a financial loss in the stock market. When he suffered from insomnia, he used to call people up in the middle of the night and insult them. In the 1950s Groucho was invited to take a tour of the New York Stock Exchange. While in the observation booth, he grabbed the public address system handset and began singing "Lydia the Tattooed Lady". Upon hearing silence coming from the trading floor, he walked into view, was given a loud cheer by the traders, and shouted, "Gentlemen, in 1929 I lost eight hundred thousand dollars on this floor, and I intend to get my money's worth!" For fifteen minutes, he sang, danced, told jokes, and all this time, the Wall Street stock ticker was running blank.

Jackal

I got a Taboo sampler pack once.  They were very friendly, quick to send it, and threw in a bunch of free stuff (pens, a notepad, coasters, etc.)

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

sam a

where do you see this?
Any cigars portrayed in this post that appear to be Cuban in origin are completely fictional in nature. Any resemblance between these cigars and actual Cuban cigars is unintended and purely coincidental.

Anthony

Quotesam a - 12/6/2009  1:28 AM

where do you see this?

At the top and bottom of the page.
_____

SenorPablo

Quotemcdimond - 12/6/2009  12:25 AM

So I see we have Ads by Google on the site now.

Paul, how do we make this send $$ to Cigar Geeks? Does it work if we just click on the ads?

Yes I do have Google Ads on the site now.  If you see something that looks interesting then go ahead and click it and it drives a few cents to the site.

However, don't just click a bunch of ads.  They have a way to detect abuse and can shut me off from the program completely.

Thanks,
-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

BlackIrish

Quotemcdimond - 12/6/2009  12:26 AM

And while we're talking about it, one of the advertisers is Taboo Cigars. Anybody tried them?

Taboo is a legit and well-regarded seller (think the name is actually Town & Country Cigars) based in the DFW area. They have a line of cigars called Taboo.  I've had a bunch.  One of the most popular is the Twist, a barberpole thats fairly mild but has a some good creamy, sweetish flavors.  They have a bunch of other blends, some better than others.  The Special Forces Original and Special Forces Boot Camp are stronger and pretty good, IMHO.  I've found all the Taboo cigars to be very well made, but some like the flavor profile better than others.  I'd recommend you try a sampler, which are often on sale, to get an introduction.  

As Jackal noted, customer service is excellent.
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

sam a

i don't see any ads at the top or bottom :confused:  does it have anything to do with the fact i'm using firefox?
Any cigars portrayed in this post that appear to be Cuban in origin are completely fictional in nature. Any resemblance between these cigars and actual Cuban cigars is unintended and purely coincidental.

Jackal

Firefox sees them.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

sam a

nevermind, i figured it out... i had an ad blocker enabled

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.