How's your Turkey?

Started by StogieDad, 11/25/2015 07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How's your Turkey?

Smoked
3 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 20

StogieDad

This was fun last time, and lots of new folks around this year?

How do you enjoy your Thanksgiving bird?   I'm smoking and frying couple tomorrow, love em both ways.

BONUS, what ya smoking tomorrow?  As I will be tending the turkey, I should get to at least a couple cigars tomorrow, and hopefully the evening as well.  I packed way to many for a 3 day trip, but hey I want choices.  Definitely hitting an Eye of the Shark tomorrow, pulled a Ratzilla, Tatuaje Cojonu 2012 Broadleaf are all tempting me so far.  What's your special smoke going to be tomorrow?

HAPPY THANKSGIVING GEEKS!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

millarddj

Brined for 2 days, spice rubbed, and roasted in the oven (high heat, then low), served last Thursday, and have already made two batches of white turkey chili with the leftovers. :biggrin:

Generally speaking, I prefer the several day, liquid smoke, bucket-brine method, but haven't re-acquired a pickle bucket after the move.

No stogie, since I'll be at the in-laws, but I've been doing plenty of shopping!
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

nwb

Although I don't have a choice this year (not responsible for the turkey), I prefer fried.
Chief of Shaft

johncw

Heading to my parents so it will be a roasted turkey... I prefer to smoke one at home... I just packed my travel humi and found myself gravitating to everything Tatuaje and Crowned Heads... with one Anejo #46  All shorter cigars since i would have to be outside and no one else smokes.

toby2

my wife made a beautiful seitan roast and all kinds of other good stuff. went to Publix and grabbed my daughter a smoked turkey breast.

DonM

The Bride is in West Palm Beach taking care of her Sister and I have to work.  So a Turkey Breast is going in the crock pot in the morning.  Works for me in view of the situation

"The Curmudgeon"

Gustoff

Smoked turkey sounds good, although I've never had it. Roasted by someone else is my way!
"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
 ~Ernest Hemingway

StogieDad

Turkey #1 is on the smoker....
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.