Cigar entries - comparing my humidor to others' wishlists

Started by millarddj, 12/21/2015 07:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

millarddj

Pardon me if this has been asked before, but I find myself wishing that there was a way to see if cigars that I've entered in my humidor are also listed on someone else's (public) wishlist. I'm pretty sure this isn't possible at present - but is there a way this functionality could be added? I realize that different vitolas would still cause an issue here (someone might have a toro on their WL, but I have a churchill in my humi), but I am still thinking it would be a valuable feature.

I promise no one would be hurt.  :biggrin:
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

Cfickter

Daniel, I  think that is great idea.  Ideally it would be nice to compare several Geeks wish lists at one time.  I suggest you PM the idea to Paul (aka: senorpablo).  Last word I heard Paul was working on a new platform so now would be the time.
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

millarddj

In my brain, the way this would work is that you can select a cigar in your humidor and see EVERYONE who has it on their wishlist. It would be very useful for trades/bombing, and might encourage more folks to make more thorough use of the excellent virtual humidor feature. I'll shoot Senor Paul a message.
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

danb6177

I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

Camshaft83

Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

Ted

MacMac

Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

SenorPablo

Replied to your PM.  I do like the idea.  A way to link cigar entries to peoples' humidor entries and wish lists.  Cool idea.  It's on the list.  Right now the priority is to finish getting the site rewritten on a more stable and modern platform so we can than more easily extend functionality.  I'm about 80% of the way there.  But you know what they say about the last 20%.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Mojo66

Keep up the excellent work Paul. CG on a modern more technologically advanced platform can only mean good things.

That cigar linking feature would be a nice to have feature.
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

C130Driver

I had a similar idea the other day. I was looking through my previrus smokes list and noticed the "Rate It" link, then I realized it was the same link regardless of whether or not I had in fact already reviewed the cigar. Wouldn't be cool if it showed the number of stars you'd given the stick along with an "Update Review" link on things you'd already reviewed. That way without leaving your previous smokes you could quickly review your rating of a stick. Seems like it might come in handy when trying to remember if it'd be worth buying more of a given stick. additionally it could encourage more people to write reviews.
I never can understand how anyone can not smoke it deprives a man of the best part of life. With a good cigar in his mouth a man is perfectly safe, nothing can touch him, literally.

Thomas Mann

¨¨°¨°¨Ô¨°¨°¨¨

Check out my inventory http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=C130Driver

Camshaft83

QuoteC130Driver - 1/2/2016  9:48 PM

I had a similar idea the other day. I was looking through my previrus smokes list and noticed the "Rate It" link, then I realized it was the same link regardless of whether or not I had in fact already reviewed the cigar. Wouldn't be cool if it showed the number of stars you'd given the stick along with an "Update Review" link on things you'd already reviewed. That way without leaving your previous smokes you could quickly review your rating of a stick. Seems like it might come in handy when trying to remember if it'd be worth buying more of a given stick. additionally it could encourage more people to write reviews.

Another cool idea! I've thought about that a few times myself when going through my previous smokes list. I just ended up putting what I rated it at and when in my comments.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.