Requesting a moment of silence

Started by dparcade, 12/24/2015 09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dparcade

I'd like to request a short moment of silence.  My poor mailman didn't even see it coming, though I was able to snap a picture of the aftermath.  :biggrin:

Francis (okieeagle) gave my mailbox no rest, and I think you'll see he absolutely crushed it!  No kidding, this is absolutely amazing.  Here is what I brought out of the shipping box:

Yes, yes, and yes!  When I pulled up the tabs to open the herf-a-dor I had an ominous feeling that I was about to be destroyed.  A couple hours later my wife helped me regain consciousness and picked me up off the floor.  This is what was to be found:

Francis, you are a madman!  In case it is difficult for anybody to see the list in the picture, included was an amazing assortment:

Arturo Fuente Hemingway Signature  (aged nearly a year!)
Chateau Fuente Double Chateau Fuente Sun Grown
Padron Serie 1926 No. 2
Macanudo Café Hyde Park
Alec Bradley Prensado Gran Toro

My god, it's going to take a while to let this soak in.  These are some amazing sticks, and a couple I have recently read up on and was really wanting to give a go.  I'm going to take Francis' advice and tuck these away for some time, so I'd love to express my appreciation now, but will certainly do so again when these finally make their way out of my humidor and into my ash tray!

Francis -- thank you!  :thumbsup:

05Venturer

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

johncw

appollo

:bigthumbs: Well done Francis.Its real nice seeing a newbie getting in on the fun.

danb6177

I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

okieeagle

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em." - Ron White

dparcade

Quoteokieeagle - 12/24/2015  10:07 AM

Happy Smoking,

okieeagle

:bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:

cavenbk

You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

benchjockey

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

nirab

Savvy veteran move by a newbie...f'n sweet! Nice work Francis!!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

ntanner

I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Otter

R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

terrys1991

Very nice Francis well done!
"I feel a whole lot more like I do right now, than I did a while ago"

C130Driver

You said you'd pay it forward and you sure did, strong work comrade!
I never can understand how anyone can not smoke it deprives a man of the best part of life. With a good cigar in his mouth a man is perfectly safe, nothing can touch him, literally.

Thomas Mann

¨¨°¨°¨Ô¨°¨°¨¨

Check out my inventory http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=C130Driver

Longhorn

Well played... well played!  :thumbsup:

DonM

"The Curmudgeon"

toby2

Camshaft83

Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

SparklePony

Yes, it's a pineapple hat.  No, you can't put your cigar out in it.

MacMac

Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

okieeagle

By the way, I forgot to mention this before.  That Herfador came to me from another trade, but since I already had two of them, I figured you'd need it more than I.

Hope your year is going well so far!

Cheers and Happy Smoking

okieeagle
"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em." - Ron White

plnortham

Phil Northam

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." ~Mark Twain

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." ~W.C. Fields

tjm0831

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Otter

R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.