Texas Hold’em Pass January 2016

Started by johncw, 12/28/2015 10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johncw

This is a thread generated automatically by the Cigar Pass system to discuss the Cigar Pass named 'Texas Hold'em January 2016'.

Use this link to return back to the Cigar Pass.

GOOGLE SHEET ODDS

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kg7-IJku6MWTVmufaez-G7Ela3YbhtXh5kqJ4ZUngIU/edit?usp=sharing

Moderator: Johncw

Cigar Pass Name: Texas Hold'em January 2016

Details: The holidays are pretty much over and I wanted to do a fun pass that had been done before. Jessica (Cigarplace) had no issues with me piggybacking on her idea.  

This will be a Texas Hold'em pass. I will include envelopes (10) with 2 cards and upon receiving the pass you will pick a hand (envelope) these will be your hold cards. Submit a picture in the pass. Do all your puts and takes and send them to the next person. Half way through I will ask the next member to display the "FLOP". Then few more the "TURN" will be displayed and after I receive the pass back I will display the "RIVER".  The winner with the best hand will receive a fiver from me out of the pass cigars.
This Pass is for members who have been in at least (2) passes with good feedback and have a "Veteran" status or higher, or by invitation.  Those outside of the US can play "virtually" and will need to pay shipping both ways (which is about the same cost as mailing a bigger box within the US anyway.) I will be happy to assist anyone with questions on value, puts, takes, etc. as the Pass moves along.  Or feel free to ask another FOG for advice . . . there is never shame in asking!
The cigars in this pass will have a 3.5 star (or better) rating and have strength of medium, medium-full or full. No mild cigars or dog-rockets welcome here! Infused cigars should be kept in a separate ziplock bag and not mingled with the rest of the cigars. Value of cigars will be between $5 and $20 dollars. Trade value should be done by comparing box prices first from well known sites (like CI, Famous, Atlantic, etc.)  Auction sites or "Crazy Eddie" cheap deal sites (like Cigar Page) should NOT be used to determine value. Average Member Purchase Price in the DB is not accurate either (because its usually much lower due to extreme savings).  
Rating: An average of 3.5 stars or better AND reviewed by at least 2 members (this eliminates reviews of 5 stars on one person's personal taste.)  Caveat: If the cigar is unrated or only has one reviewer but its sister cigar of the same blend but different size has average 3.5 stars or better, its fair game.  There may be other unforeseen exceptions, and all questions on ratings should be made to the moderator for final determination.
As always, please respect the value in your puts and takes, and follow Cigar Pass Etiquette (link found here:
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=37)

Good Luck... I will plan on getting this sent out after I get back from vacation. If I do not respond right way to a request it's because I'm out having fun and not ignoring you.

Going to limit to 10 spots because I don't want this to take all year and we can always do another one with new players later in the year.
Thanks for playing!
Also thanks to Bruce I copied the majority of his pass because I didn't want to reinvent the wheel. Thanks to Jessica for the idea

Johncw – Dealer
Seat1
Seat2
Seat3
Seat4
Seat5
Seat6
Seat7
Seat8
Seat9
Seat10

StogieDad

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Cfickter

John sounds like a great pass, would love to,play, request to join sent
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

millarddj

Looks like a fantastic idea. Will be cool to follow this one!
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

johncw

Chuck you're in thanks for playing

Cfickter

Thanks John, looking forward to it

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

DRuff

bmac7754

I'm not good at card games, but lets play.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

terrys1991

"I feel a whole lot more like I do right now, than I did a while ago"

05Venturer

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

johncw

all requests have been accepted so far.

Brlesq

I thought those rules looked familiar! :biggrin:  This was a great pass last time around.  Have fun!

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

bstessl

I'm in if you'll have me.  Request sent!
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

johncw

Of course Brian. Glad to have you!

bmac7754

Thanks John, this should be fun
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

johncw

headfirst

I've been eyeing those open seats, I do love me some good hold'em.

Alright, I'll play if you'll have me!
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

johncw

Gary you are in....

Heading on vacation there are a couple of spots open and will check back when i can... Will get this started when i get back.

Thanks,
John

StogieDad

Great group lining up here, this is gonna be a blast!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

bmac7754

Is it too early for this? or did I just loose my seat?

ninfiction

I'll take the last spot if you'll have me.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

bstessl

Quoteninfiction - 12/30/2015  11:39 PM

I'll take the last spot if you'll have me.

I think Bmac just lost his seat... lol
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

johncw

LOL you can post it after you get your hand!

Ok we are full up... Like I said when i get back into town I will get this started and will randomly draw a pass order.  Thanks everyone for signing up.

johncw

Ok back from vacation!!! I will set a random order to the pass and will get this shipped out either Thursday or Friday. If anyone has any timing issues let me know.

Thanks,
John

Cfickter

OK, good to go
Can I do a blind raise?

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.