Habanos Torres cigar factory and smoking lounge

Started by calvarez, 01/05/2010 08:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

calvarez

http://habanostorres.com

48 S. Robson Suite 101 Mesa , Az. 85210
480-833-0087
hours: 11:00am to 9:00pm

This was a great experience.  We spent about an hour talking to a master cigar maker, then reviewed what he had, then another hour or so smoking a few of his sticks.  Everything here is his own making, no name brands.  Everything is made with aged tobaccos and your choices are age, wrapper, and size/style.  The age options are 12, 15, 20, 25, and 50.  Price is $1 per year aged.  I had a 30 year old maduro Churchill while the others had a 30 year old with a natural wrapper in a 7x54 size.  Mine was bold, slightly spicy, while theirs was mellow yet very flavorful.  I can't afford to smoke a $30 stick every day, but this was a fantastic taste experience.  I'll be back to test drive his younger and more affordable sticks soon.
Carlos Alvarez, Peoria, AZ

"I've learned that the taboo subjects -- religion, politics,
philosophy -- can be safely discussed in polite company
when you're holding a fine cigar and a scotch."
  -- Me

DocJazzRH

Carlos that sounds like a wonderful experience, one that I have yet to enjoy. Be advised if I get to that neck of the woods I will visit his establishment in a heartbeat. Thanks for sharing... :thanx:
Rich ()=iii=<

Delusions of grandeur make me feel a lot better about myself .. J. Wagner

At least a bad conscience can make life interesting -- Kierkegaard

NES Tek

That sounds really awesome! I can't wait to do something like that.
"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

nwb

Wow...sounds like fun.  I've always wanted to roll my own blend.

nwb
Chief of Shaft

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.