That C130's got teeth!

Started by millarddj, 01/09/2016 05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

millarddj

If you've been following the "Bread Crumbs" thread, you'll know by now that Devin (C130driver) lobbed his first bomb up my way this week. The suspense was good fun, and given how frigid it's become in the last 24 hours (windchill of -12), it was actually very good to know exactly when it was delivered.

Apparently Devin thought I needed some repayment for our recent trade, which I thought was entirely fair. However, I won't begrudge him his opportunity to get his bombing cred going. He sent four good-looking sticks, including a couple I've never tried, and an AB Family Blend I know that I enjoy.

Thanks a lot Devin, execution on this was a lot of fun, and I appreciate the gift. Let's herf again soon, and bring Phil!  :biggrin:
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

ninfiction

Perfect timing that it landed the same day you nailed me! Awesome!
This is not the admin you're looking for...

bstessl

:bigthumbs:
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

benchjockey

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Gustoff

Timed with precision! Very nice!
"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
 ~Ernest Hemingway

appollo

The bombs certainly are fling around here sense the start of the new year. :dancing: Well done Devon :thumbsup:

ThinBlueLine

I enjoy romantic walks to my humidors...

McBryde

"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

ntanner

I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Camshaft83

Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

headfirst

When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Vroomp

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

plnortham

Quotemillarddj - 1/8/2016  9:19 PM

If you've been following the "Bread Crumbs" thread, you'll know by now that Devin (C130driver) lobbed his first bomb up my way this week. The suspense was good fun, and given how frigid it's become in the last 24 hours (windchill of -12), it was actually very good to know exactly when it was delivered.

Apparently Devin thought I needed some repayment for our recent trade, which I thought was entirely fair. However, I won't begrudge him his opportunity to get his bombing cred going. He sent four good-looking sticks, including a couple I've never tried, and an AB Family Blend I know that I enjoy.

Thanks a lot Devin, execution on this was a lot of fun, and I appreciate the gift. Let's herf again soon, and bring Phil!  :biggrin:

Daniel

I would love to join one of the herfs here soon.  I've tried joining a couple before, but because they're on Google hangouts I have a hard time logging on.  I have an Apple computer and for whatever reason, I'm not smart enough to figure out how to download the Hangouts on my computer successfully.  So until that happens, its a no go.  Also, Devin has tried to help with it before as well, obviously with no success.  

Thats a good looking bomb though!
Phil Northam

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." ~Mark Twain

"Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer." ~W.C. Fields

bmac7754

Quoteplnortham - 1/10/2016  8:04 AM  
Quotemillarddj - 1/8/2016  9:19 PM  If you've been following the "Bread Crumbs" thread, you'll know by now that Devin (C130driver) lobbed his first bomb up my way this week. The suspense was good fun, and given how frigid it's become in the last 24 hours (windchill of -12), it was actually very good to know exactly when it was delivered.  Apparently Devin thought I needed some repayment for our recent trade, which I thought was entirely fair. However, I won't begrudge him his opportunity to get his bombing cred going. He sent four good-looking sticks, including a couple I've never tried, and an AB Family Blend I know that I enjoy.  Thanks a lot Devin, execution on this was a lot of fun, and I appreciate the gift. Let's herf again soon, and bring Phil!  :biggrin:
Daniel  I would love to join one of the herfs here soon.  I've tried joining a couple before, but because they're on Google hangouts I have a hard time logging on.  I have an Apple computer and for whatever reason, I'm not smart enough to figure out how to download the Hangouts on my computer successfully.  So until that happens, its a no go.  Also, Devin has tried to help with it before as well, obviously with no success.    Thats a good looking bomb though!

I don't know if it is the same but I use the hangouts on my ipad but use the google chrome browser to launch everything and not the hangout app itself.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

millarddj

Quoteplnortham - 1/10/2016  7:04 AM
Daniel

I would love to join one of the herfs here soon.  I've tried joining a couple before, but because they're on Google hangouts I have a hard time logging on.  I have an Apple computer and for whatever reason, I'm not smart enough to figure out how to download the Hangouts on my computer successfully.  So until that happens, its a no go.  Also, Devin has tried to help with it before as well, obviously with no success.  

Thats a good looking bomb though!

Phil,

I'm posting right now from my wife's MacBook Air. All I did was go to the permanent CGeeks herf thread http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=31478.0 and click on the hangouts link. Took me straight to the room and worked quickly. No download/software involved, just have to allow use of your camera and mic.  :thumbsup:

We usually use the link in that thread, or create a new one (which is always denoted in the daily herf thread). In either case, it's all in-browser and requires no work. Is this what you've tried?
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

C130Driver

I really hope you enjoy them. If it happens to be that I sent you something you know you don't like feel free to add it to your auction stash. No hurt feelings. Smoke one for me. :smoker:
I never can understand how anyone can not smoke it deprives a man of the best part of life. With a good cigar in his mouth a man is perfectly safe, nothing can touch him, literally.

Thomas Mann

¨¨°¨°¨Ô¨°¨°¨¨

Check out my inventory http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=C130Driver

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.