iPhone/iPad loading and resizing pictures

Started by StogieDad, 02/05/2016 11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StogieDad

OK, so I finally made the plunge and got a iPhone 6S Plus and an Air 2 after years on Android, specifically Notes.  I used to use a resizing app on my phone, then just attach the photo, always worked like a charm.  When I resized a photo and attached on my phone, it loaded it but didn't show the picture on the forum thread, just let you click to download.  Somebody Apple savy help this Android defector out please...
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Vroomp

Why not load pics to FB or hosting site? You can always create a bogus account on FB and just use their server for storage~! :biggrin:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

tjm0831

I haven't tried uploading directly from my iPhone, but the Photos app on your Mac should get the photos you snap with your phone automatically. You can crop and post from there. That's what I do anyway

DonM

Maybe not the ideal work around, but I e mail it to myself using low resolution, save it and post. It does work

"The Curmudgeon"

Longhorn

QuoteStogieDad - 2/5/2016  2:35 PM

... it loaded it but didn't show the picture on the forum thread, just let you click to download.

Michael, make sure the extension is jpg and not jpeg.  If not jpg, then you get only the link and not the picture.

CharlieOne

I take my pics with an Iphone, edit it with the camera+ app, email it to my work PC, go to work and download it, open it in a resizing program, resize to 100kb, change ratio to 640x480, change file format from .tiff to .jpg, save and then post. I had a forum in the 90s so I'm used to this.
My V  List: nirab, raize, millarddj, Kman, DRuff, junglepete

toby2

Quotetjm0831 - 2/5/2016  4:03 PM  I haven't tried uploading directly from my iPhone, but the Photos app on your Mac should get the photos you snap with your phone automatically. You can crop and post from there. That's what I do anyway

me too. preview makes it easy. takes two clicks. 

McBryde

QuoteCharlieOne - 2/5/2016  5:11 PM

I take my pics with an Iphone, edit it with the camera+ app, email it to my work PC, go to work and download it, open it in a resizing program, resize to 100kb, change ratio to 640x480, change file format from .tiff to .jpg, save and then post. I had a forum in the 90s so I'm used to this.

That sounds like a PITA to post a pic!

I just use photobucket. Upload to there, then post the link in html format.

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

CharlieOne

QuoteMcBryde - 2/5/2016  4:50 PM

E

I tried that initially. It said the photo was too large. Are you resizing it first?

Now you know why I've only posted one pic!  

:biggrin:
My V  List: nirab, raize, millarddj, Kman, DRuff, junglepete

toby2

QuoteCharlieOne - 2/5/2016  6:32 PM  
QuoteCharlieOne - 2/5/2016  5:11 PM  I take my pics with an Iphone, edit it with the camera+ app, email it to my work PC, go to work and download it, open it in a resizing program, resize to 100kb, change ratio to 640x480, change file format from .tiff to .jpg, save and then post. I had a forum in the 90s so I'm used to this.
That sounds like a PITA to post a pic!  I just use photobucket. Upload to there, then post the link in html format.  E
I tried that initially. It said the photo was too large. Are you resizing it first?

you just link the url of the photo location with the insert image button. the tree next to the paint brush. 

McBryde

QuoteCharlieOne - 2/5/2016  6:32 PM

E

Now you know why I've only posted one pic!  

:biggrin:

You just have to use the link that photobucket puts of the pic for you. You just copy and paste that into the post, and be sure to uncheck the "Disable HTML" box at the bottom of the post, or you'll just get the link to post.

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.