Giive a man a pipe and KABOOM!

Started by gitfiddl, 03/04/2016 02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitfiddl

So several weeks ago,  Daniel (millarddj) expressed an interest in trying pipes.  I put together a basic sampler of tobaccos and some pipes and sent thim his way  Two of the pipes were inexpensive no-name "basket pipes" I'd picked up in samplers, and the third was an old Israeli Mastersen estate pipe I'd restored.  The deal was he was supposed to try the pipes, and if he felt so led, he could send me a fiver.  A real "trade" or value was never agreed upon and quite frankly, I was happy just to introduce another Geek to the world of pipes.  I told him I didn't have much invested in what I'd sent him and not to go overboard with whatever he was sending me in return.  Daniel obviously didn't get that memo, because this is what waiting for me when I got home today.  Daniel, I am floored by your generosity.

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

appollo

Holy crap . :bow: Daniel is one giving geek  :bigthumbs:

cavenbk

You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

McBryde

"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

terrys1991

Wow Daniel that's one hell of hit, very generous!  :bigthumbs:
"I feel a whole lot more like I do right now, than I did a while ago"

toby2

nice trade guys. another typical CG moment. love this site!

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

ntanner

I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

05Venturer

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

DonM

"The Curmudgeon"

Camshaft83

Daniel is a great BOTL for sure.  :bigthumbs:
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

Savonian

freakydeakydutchman

wow..thats one stand up set of geeks...
"when a guy does something stupid once, well that's because he's a guy. But if he does the same stupid thing twice, that's usually to impress some girl."
Dr. Suess

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=freakydeakydutchman

danb6177

I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

Longhorn

Very nice!  The two of you are very generous Geeks!

:thumbsup:

Ken Kelley

Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

millarddj

I recall no mention of "a fiver", and Dave sent me PLENTY of tobacco along with those three pipes. I thought it a very fair trade, as I've been having a ball getting into the world of pipes. The entertainment factor alone has been well worth the trade for me!
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

bmac7754

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Gustoff

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
 ~Ernest Hemingway

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.