Fine smoke 2 weeks after surgery

Started by c9belayer, 03/07/2016 08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c9belayer

Hey gang!

I'm smoking a Partagas 1845 Robusto right now; I really like these but the consistently tight draw adds an unwelcome bitterness to the otherwise great smoke. I think I just got a bad fiver... (At least I hope that's the reason!)

Anyway, it's 2 weeks from hip replacement surgery and I'm only using the cane occasionally. The walker is gathering dust! I'm walking as much as possible, and doing my exercises of course. The only real pain is from my leg muscles. No pain from the hip joint (yay!) or from the incision (yay!) - the pain is all in the muscles. Last week the doc said "Yeah, we don't cut any muscles with the "anterior approach" but we DO have to crank them out of the way to get at the hip joint." I'll say. I'm an old rock climber and I've certainly abused my body over the years, but this sh*t hurts way more than when I fell off a mountain! I only take pain meds at night now, because without them, I can't fall asleep. That said, my primary recovery barometer is how I feel getting out of bed in the morning, and each morning is better than the last, so my recovery is pretty normal. All said, I'm a lucky guy.

Again, thanks for all your support, and keep on herfin'!

-- c9belayer

McBryde

Good news to hear Christopher! Keep up the work on the PT, and you'll be running around the house before you know it.

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

1sgjeffward

Brother do I ever know what you're going through right now! Hang in there it does get better  :thumbsup:
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

toby2

:party: great  :party: to hear!

i had knee surgery three weeks ago and like you the muscles in my leg are the bad part. they tourniquet the leg to control bleeding and my veins have become inflamed. 

terrys1991

That's great, hope your recovery continues to speed along.
"I feel a whole lot more like I do right now, than I did a while ago"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.