Bomb etiquette

Started by GrouchoM, 03/10/2016 12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrouchoM

I received a bomb with a note that said "as a newbie a friendly reminder to remember the proper etiquette of a bomb is not to post up pictures of the bomb or divulged what was in it. This is not looked up kindly by the members." 

Help, I'm confused. I've seen countless posts w pictures and gratitude by those bombed on the forums. Or, is it the personal preference of the bomber? But, he mentions "other members [negative feelings about this]. 

I don't want to aquire any bad habits as a newbie.

The secret word is cigars!

ninfiction

Interesting, I think the opposite. I think it's nice to recognize the person doing the good deed.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

tjm0831

Quoteninfiction - 3/10/2016  2:22 PM

Interesting, I think the opposite. I think it's nice to recognize the person doing the good deed.

Agreed.

quickme

Quoteninfiction - 3/10/2016  4:22 PM

I agree.   Acts of kindness should be recognized.  Maybe PM the bomber and ask for clarity?

appollo

Quoteninfiction - 3/10/2016  5:22 PM

Agreed

headfirst

There are threads whose sole existence is for the purpose of testifying to the greatness of a bomb and bomber.  No hint of sarcasm?  If not I'm wondering if there are any ISOM's involved.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

bstessl

Quoteninfiction - 3/10/2016  2:22 PM

Same here, If I bomb someone and don't want it advertised, I will include a note along those lines, but other than that... Pics or it didn't happen!   :lmao:

Also, only been on here for 7 days and already received a bomb, Geeks are getting ruthless!!  Welcome to the madness!
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

millarddj

I'll add my voice to the din - these should definitely be recognized. Seems like a weird/confusing attempt at humor.
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

Mojo66

I also figure it's some kind of reverse humur, reverse psychology.

So who's the bomber and what did he send :biggrin:
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

bstessl

Did they not want you to leave feedback as well?  LOL
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

shakinghorizons

I guess if you post this across many forums the confusion is even worse. What site was the bomb from?

Cfickter

Quotequickme - 3/10/2016 3:28 PM
Quoteninfiction - 3/10/2016 4:22 PM Interesting, I think the opposite. I think it's nice to recognize the person doing the good deed.
I agree. Acts of kindness should be recognized. Maybe PM the bomber and ask for clarity?

Good idea to ask, but respect if the bomber didn't wanted it posted

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

McBryde

I'm guessing it had ISOM's in it and the bomber doesn't want to spread that they are partaking of them. Just a guess, as I have had this happen to me before. It is someting that is up to the bomber's discression if you ask me. If they don't want to have everyone know, all up to them. You could always send them back if you don't agree? LOL Or heck, just forward them to me, I won't tell a soul!

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Brlesq

Maybe you got the bomb from an admirer on the "other" cigar forum where you posted this exact same post!  Since you know who sent the bomb, why don't you figure out if your question belongs here at Cigar Geeks or at the "other" forum (or maybe there's even a third or fourth forum where your this belongs . . . you've been making the rounds!)

AT CG, unless it was an ISOM bomb, it is ALWAYS proper etiquette to give credit for the kind gesture and post pics.  In fact, you will be beaten with a wet noodle if you fail to post pics.  Cigar Geeks do not have "other members" that are negative about bombs.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

toby2

what the hell is posting this across all the boards about?

Mojo66

This seems complicated and I'm curious now, did the bomb in fact come from a CG member and if not, why is this posted here? I have to admit, I'm confused, must be all the uni dimensional sticks I've been smoking :confused:

05Venturer

Quoteshakinghorizons - 3/10/2016  3:33 PM

I guess if you post this across many forums the confusion is even worse. What site was the bomb from?

Copy-Paste posts across multiple forums is a great way to cause mass confusion. Perhaps post only on the forum from which you were bombed instead of "post whoring it up" across the world of cigar forums looking for the answer that fits.  :shy:  :biggrin:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

McBryde

Quotetoby2 - 3/10/2016  6:26 PM

what the hell is posting this across all the boards about?

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Mojo66

gitfiddl

Look, if I bomb somebody, I don't do it for the accolades and whatnot, but it's nice to be recognized, if that makes any sense.  As for etiquette, what the hell is that?  You tell Emily Post to shut her piehole or I'm gonna post the sex-tape on every cigar forum I know of!

:-0

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

GrouchoM

I'm beginning to feel this forum is not for me. As a newbie, I sought some knowledge about getting a note warning me about etiquette  (regardless where it came from) but as ever person who greeted me to this forum quoted "come on in, if you got a question we got an answer" but not feeling very good about some the responses I've received by many of these members here. Duly noted of the character behind others who want to sling mud from their keyboards and keypads. I've decided since the member didn't provide a user name to send a handwritten note to him thanking him for his generosity.  People have messaged me privately about snarky nasty sobs on forums and I need to heed those warning after this interaction. Every person I LISTEN to who has said to me "it's not about stressing out, cigars are suppose to be relaxing, fun and enjoyable or why do it" HAVE IT RIGHT. This has been none of those things. I haven't been negative, trolled or busted someone's balls over a perceived slight since joining. I give constructive input or remains silent.  I need to heed my own advice regarding this forum and will alert any others considering joining the same.

Longhorn

QuoteGrouchoM - 3/10/2016  7:32 PM

I'm beginning to feel this forum is not for me.

Buh-bye.

GrouchoM

Wow, from a fellow Longhorn. Thanks for your heartfelt sentiments.

Mojo66

This thread as a feeling of Déjà Vu.

Brlesq

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception." ? Groucho Marx

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.