St. Baldrick's *After Pictures*

Started by bstessl, 03/15/2016 10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bstessl

Hey everyone, its that time of year again for me to raise money and look ridiculous doing it!  I'm asking everyone that is willing and able to donate to St. Baldrick's.  If you don't know what St. Baldrick's is, it is a Non-profit organization that raises money for childhood cancer research.  

Of every dollar raised, 77.4% funds research to find a cure, 18.9% goes to fundraising (website, phones, postage, printing, t-shirts, office space, staff, etc.) and 3.7% goes to administration (accounting, distributing and monitoring grants, etc.).  http://www.stbaldricks.org/faq/#sbfinfo-answer7

This is my 6th year participating and 4th year coloring my hair... if you haven't been around long enough to know what I mean, what I do is whoever donates the most money by a certain date gets to choose the color of my hair before the event (usually a week or two beforehand).  I've been green, purple and blue so far.  This year I'm doing it a little different though...  To guarantee that a Geek gets say in my hair color, I'm splitting my hair in half!  That's right, I'll be dying my hair 2 colors, one side for the geeks, and one side for everyone else.  

The past 2 years that CG has been involved I have been overwhelmed and amazed at how much support this event has received!  This years event is April 3rd, donations will be appreciated up to that day, but if you're interested in trying for choosing my hair color, the cut-off will be 9P.M. on Wednesday the 23rd.  I'm hoping the dying of the hair will be on that Thursday.

So, the contest bit...  Rules are simple, whoever makes the highest donation not only gets to choose what color my hair will be, but I will also throw in a few cigars (at least a fiver)!  Also Ninfiction has offered to throw a fiver in for a random winner!

Its simple, just follow the link and donate whatever you can!!  Thanks everyone in advance!!!   https://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/836238/2016

So please, donate whatever you can to the link I provide, and remember, even a dollar helps the kids!  
2015 thread
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=32055.0
2014 thread
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=27921.0

Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

Cfickter

:dancing: Yeah St. Baldrick's Contest!  :dancing:
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

johncw

good luck again this year, I'm sure you get great support again.

Mojo66

Good luck with the 2016 iteration of your fund raising effort
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

tjm0831

McBryde

"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

bstessl

QuoteMcBryde - 3/16/2016  8:14 AM

No goal this year BRIAN?

E

I set my goal this year as $1500. I got a late start having the baby AND puppy running my life... lol.

ninfiction

I'll kick in a fiver to a geek chosen randomly from whoever donates. That way everyone has a shot even if they can't afford to give the most!

....if that's alright with you Brian
This is not the admin you're looking for...

bstessl

sounds great!   thanks Brian!

DRuff

bstessl

Cfickter

I am in!  Lets keep this drive going
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

bstessl

Thanks guys!!  Much appreciated!

ninfiction

:bump:

I bet it's payday for half you guys!
This is not the admin you're looking for...

bstessl

Up to $200 so far, keep it going Geeks!  Thanks for the bump Brian!

bstessl

Longhorn

Great cause, Brian!  Best wishes on this year's campaign!  :thumbsup:

bstessl

bstessl

bstessl

bstessl

the hair color portion of this contest ends tomorrow night (Wednesday) at 9 P.M. central.  Ninfictions portion of the contest keeps going until April 3rd!  help out a great cause!

bstessl

05Venturer

Donation in brother :biggrin:
Thanks for doing this for St Baldricks and the kiddos. :thumbsup:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Longhorn

Need an update - who's in the lead for picking the hair color?

McBryde

QuoteLonghorn - 3/23/2016  1:35 PM

Need an update - who's in the lead for picking the hair color?

Not you! Just keep donating!

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.