"A fine cigar is like a fine woman. They come in all shapes and sizes. Treat them tenderly and lovingly. Caress their skin, admire their beauty, fondle them with reverence. Bring them slowly to your lips, enjoy their flavor, their aroma. Contemplate their essence, their dependability, and forgive them their weaknesses - if there be any. Revel in the rituals, their simplicity and their enduring meanings. Do these things, my son, and the blessings of life shall always be upon you." -Prince Sined Yar Maharg

Main Menu

Asylum Dragon's Milk box-split

Started by tjm0831, 03/22/2016 10:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjm0831

Has anyone tried Asylum Dragon's Milk.  It is a joint venture between Asylum and New Holland Brewery.  I've read some reviews with interesting results.  Either way, I wouldn't have considered trying them with their $17.00 price tag, but there is an offer in my box today for a box (25) for $150.00.  That puts them at $6.00 a piece.  Any Asylum fans out there, beer lovers, or anyone in general that wants to try an interesting and different cigar?  I would be willing to do away with 4 fivers at cost plus shipping.  So $36.80.  Let me know if anyone is interested.

Gustoff

New Holland Brewery is a great brewery close to my old stomping grounds, and one of my all time favorites (especially the Pumpkin ale in fall). But I haven't read of anyone raving about the cigars. That being said, I'd be in for a 5'er just to give them a try in you picked them up just to have them.
"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
 ~Ernest Hemingway

Gustoff

Oh, and if you haven't had Dragon's Milk from New Holland, its pretty tasty as well.
"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
 ~Ernest Hemingway

StogieDad

I'd say Longhorn would be in, but he probably already has a full box.  I seem to remember him LOVING that one, right buddy?  :lmao: :biggrin:
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Gustoff

QuoteStogieDad - 3/22/2016  2:34 PM  I'd say Longhorn would be in, but he probably already has a full box.  I seem to remember him LOVING that one, right buddy?  :lmao: :biggrin:
He's likely already sitting with 2 boxes on order based on that raving review! :lmao: :bigthumbs:
 ~Ernest Hemingway

Longhorn

Bwahahahaha!

My first... and only impression of these cigars:

Rating: 1 Star

Fortunately, for this cigar, CG doesn't offer a lower rating.

Marketing Description:
"Asylum Cigars are from the mind of Christian Eiroa. Solidly packed with all Nicaraguan tobacco, these cigars are sure to please anyone who enjoys a fine cigar. It's Habano wrapper releases plenty of smoke and gives a mellowed earthy taste with hints of leather to inundate your senses for an all around enjoyable smoke. Pick some up today!"

My Description:
"Asylum Cigars are from the mind of Christian Eiroa and an old barrel of musty beer. Solidly packed in a novelty milk carton with Nicaraguan tobacco leaves that wished they had been picked to go into a Philly Blunt. These cigars are sure to please... almost no one. Its Habano wrapper releases a pungent odor of New Holland beer that has been sitting in the sun for 3 hours (or a barrel for God knows how long). Oh, yea, there's plenty of smoke that yields a mellowed taste of moldy cheese with hints of a someone who spent all weekend drinking and hasn't showered. These cigars numb your senses for an all around yak inducing smoke. Save your money today!"

Longhorn

BUT, don't let me interrupt a box split!  :-0  :biggrin:

tjm0831

:lmao:  :lmao:

Looks like this one is off!  Bye bye beer!   :barfonyou:

StogieDad

Sorry, didn't mean to blow it up.  You did find a heck of a deal, I was contemplating then remembered Brads thoughts and went back and looked.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

McBryde

Maybe that is why it was "Such a great deal!"

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

BigHop

Longhorn

QuoteBigHop - 3/22/2016  10:41 PM

Now I just got to try one!

I heard there may be a box split in the works... :-0

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.