Just finished a San Lotano Oval Connecticut

Started by calvarez, 04/19/2016 06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calvarez

That was a stiff stick, belying the light, creamy-looking wrapper.  It was a serious bomb.  I liked it a lot, though it shouldn't be confused with an early-day stick.  Didn't smoke as long as the other ovals, but had a smooth even burn all the way through and a very nice balance of spice and wood/tobacco flavors.
Carlos Alvarez, Peoria, AZ

"I've learned that the taboo subjects -- religion, politics,
philosophy -- can be safely discussed in polite company
when you're holding a fine cigar and a scotch."
  -- Me

05Venturer

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Brlesq

You've been AWOL so long that you forgot where to enter your review, Carlos?  Do you need to reintroduce yourself in the Newbie forum too?
 :biggrin:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

calvarez

LOL, I was thinking maybe it would be a good discussion.  I was surprised at the strength of the stick (can I also blame that it made me a bit light-headed)?  All around it seems like an unusual blend.

It will go into reviews after I have a second, I never review on just one example.

-- Me

benchjockey

Quotecalvarez - 4/20/2016  1:43 PM It will go into reviews after I have a second, I never review on just one example.

I agree with the practice of smoking at least two samples of a cigar before submitting a review. 

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

calvarez

I personally can't get all my thoughts together on one smoke, plus sometimes there's a huge variation between one stick and the next.  Especially a bad stick, I won't review that unless two in a row are bad.

-- Me

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.