September Member Sponsored Geek Critique

Started by junglepete, 04/24/2016 11:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by Appollo (Stephen).

The Cigar: San Cristobal de La Habana La Punta (5.5 x 52) Belicsco

The Hype: San Cristobal de La Habana remains an off-the-radar brand that is sold mostly to devoted followers who buy their cigars in La Casa del Habano cigar stores. San Cristobal was first introduced in 1999 in hopes of attracting smokers who found mainstream Cuban smokes too strong. The cigars have always impressed us with their lovely aromatic qualities of dried flowers and delicate tobacco. The cigar delivers plenty of rich earth and coffee flavors that evolve to leather and mahogany undertones.

The Reviewers: To be chosen by Stephen... Note: Two reviewers will be Canadian

Criteria: Must have a 100 points and 10 reviews under your belt. Also must not have done a review within the last two months or are scheduled to do one in the future.

1. headfirst (Gary)
2. Brlesq (Bruce)
3. The Burn Ward (Jared)
4. junglepete (Pete)
5. caveman steve (Steve)

Due Date: August 24, 2016.

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this new initiative in place.

Thanks again to Stephen for taking this one on and providing the cigar. THANKS!! And happy smokin'  :smoker2:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Cigary

Tears are streaming down my pitiful face....would love to do this review but did one  about 2 months ago so unless somebody takes pity on me I'll be the one standing over in the corner with a sad face.

headfirst

I've never tried a San Cristobal so I'd love to do this one.  Does 10 reviews mean geek critiques or just reviews?  I have not done 10 critiques.  I did a February critique but am not scheduled for another one.  If I qualify and Stephen will have me sign me up!
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

The Burn Ward

Rebecca Silverwolf

I just submitted a critique, or I would totally be interested.
"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Brlesq

Haven't done one in a while and I'm not scheduled for any. I'll volunteer . . . for purely educational purposes only.  :biggrin:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

appollo

appollo

Cfickter

I would be up for this one if there is a slot available!
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

appollo

appollo

I have all The geeks from Abroad now I still need two from the GWN.Thanks to everyone who responded so far. :-)

McBryde

I'm available if someone backs out in the US.

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

nirab

QuoteMcBryde - 4/25/2016  2:04 AM

I'm available if someone backs out in the US.

I'm available if E backs out...

E
:biggrin:  :shy:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Gustoff

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
 ~Ernest Hemingway

appollo

Come Canadian geeks there has to be someone who whats in on this. :-)I looking for two geeks.

headfirst

This blend is getting 4 stars in every vitola, how are the Canucks not snatching those spots up?   :confused:
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Caveman Steve

Quoteappollo - 4/27/2016  7:00 AM  Come Canadian geeks there has to be someone who whats in on this. :-)I looking for two geeks.

I sometimes sing the Canadian National anthem in the shower.

Does that count?

O CANADA! Our home and native land..........Yada Yada Yada
"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

appollo

QuoteCaveman Steve - 4/27/2016  8:03 PM

Quoteappollo - 4/27/2016  7:00 AM  Come Canadian geeks there has to be someone who whats in on this. :-)I looking for two geeks.

I sometimes sing the Canadian National anthem in the shower.

Does that count?

O CANADA! Our home and native land..........Yada Yada Yada
It might be enough if I can't get any geeks from theGWN:biggrin:

appollo

Last call for two Geeks from the GWN to review this cigar. :-)

junglepete

If you send it to me right now here in Canada I will gladly review it and save the review for September. However, after May I will no longer be here. Will PM my address just in case.  :biggrin:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

johncw

if you can't find two from the GWN I would be willing to review this cigar.

appollo

Quotejunglepete - 4/30/2016  12:35 PM

If you send it to me right now here in Canada I will gladly review it and save the review for September. However, after May I will no longer be here. Will PM my address just in case.  :biggrin:
Pete you in I will get iy out to you ASAP. :-)

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

appollo

The last slot has been filled by caveman steve.due to his knowledge of the Canadian anthem  :-) .I will get everyones pkg.out Mon or Tues of next week.

appollo

Gary,Steve and Jared your sticks are going in the mail today.Let me know when they arrive.Bruce as soon as I get your address I will get yours out.Enjoy. :-)

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.