August Member Sponsored Geek Critique

Started by junglepete, 04/27/2016 05:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by ntanner (Neil).

The Cigar: Undercrown shade Corona.

The Hype: Drew Estate Undercrown is the blue collar Liga Privada 9, created by the factory rollers when due to overwhelming demand, they were stopped from burning the Liga 9. Drew Estate's master blender, Willy Herrera, challenged the rollers to come up with a Connecticut based blend that would satisfy his palate, and with his input and assistance, the Undercrown Shade came into being.

Undercrown Shade is flavorful and balanced, with an Ecuadoran Connecticut wrapper atop a Sumatran binder and Dominican criollo 98' and Nicaraguan corojo and criollo long-fillers. Mild to medium-bodied, the blend is rich, complex, and balanced, bringing flavors of toast, nuts, subtle spice, and cream with an enjoyable sweetness with the finish. This is a milder cigar that will surprise and fascinate the full-bodied enthusiast.

Criteria: Veteran Status. Also must not have done a review within the last two months or are scheduled to do one in the future.

The Reviewers:

1. ntanner (Neil)
2. nirab (Brian)
3. Gustoff (Justin)
4. gitfiddl (Dave)
5. BewareDaPenguin (Adam)

Due Date: July 24, 2016.

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this new initiative in place.

Thanks again to Neil for taking this one on and providing the cigar. THANKS!! And happy smokin'  :smoker2:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

nirab

I'd love to review this one. Toss my name in the hat please!  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Gustoff

I've yet to do a member sponsored review! Stick my name in for this one please! :cheers:
"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
 ~Ernest Hemingway

gitfiddl

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

BewareDaPenguin

I'll toss my hat in...love liga"s :biggrin: been a while since I did a review as well...I'm in if you'll have me thanks...
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

McBryde

"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

ntanner

Pete,please add nirab, Gustoff, gitfiddl and BewareDaPenguin. That makes the list, sorry    Emerson, you missed it by about an hour. I will notify when they ship.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

BewareDaPenguin

McBryde

Quotentanner - 4/27/2016  3:26 PM

Pete,please add nirab, Gustoff, gitfiddl and BewareDaPenguin. That makes the list, sorry    Emerson, you missed it by about an hour. I will notify when they ship.

Story of my life: day late and a dollar short!

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

ntanner

OK guy's, the cigars have shipped and it only took 6 weeks since the list was made.

nirab (Brian)       9505511449176166157847
 Gustoff (Justin)    9505511449176166157830
 gitfiddl (Dave)     9505511449176166157854
 BewareDaPenguin (Adam)     9505511449176166157823

They should all arrive by Friday. Enjoy and thanx for stepping up and doing this review.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

junglepete

Great, thanks for getting these out Neil :rocker:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

nirab

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

BewareDaPenguin

BewareDaPenguin

Got my stick with a tag along :biggrin: thanks again letting it rest a while now.

nirab

Got mine, along with a hitchhiker...thanks Neil!!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

ntanner

Good to hear they are delivered. Hope you fellas enjoy them. I am anxious to see how they come out in the reviews.

ntanner

OK, my review is in. I will be giving myself good feedback for getting it in early. :biggrin:

Gustoff

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
 ~Ernest Hemingway

BewareDaPenguin

I'll pick a nice day and get mine in soon as well...we've been lucky with some good weather :smoker:

ntanner

Just a quick reminder to every one, these are 1 week out from the due date. If you haven't already done it the time to end the procrastination is now. Thank you for you're participation. :shades:

nirab

My review is in, thanks a bunch brother! This cigar was... :shy:  :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

BewareDaPenguin

I will get mine done this week...thanks for the reminder :thumbsup:

gitfiddl

QuoteBewareDaPenguin - 7/18/2016  12:23 PM

I will get mine done this week...thanks for the reminder :thumbsup:

What he said!   :biggrin:
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

BewareDaPenguin

Well Mother Nature has had different plans for me so far this week lol but I haven't forgotten it's just rained the past 2 days but I'll get it in soon :smoker:

ntanner

QuoteBewareDaPenguin - 7/20/2016  6:43 AM

Well Mother Nature has had different plans for me so far this week lol but I haven't forgotten it's just rained the past 2 days but I'll get it in soon :smoker:
What, no umbrella? :biggrin:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.