Status of Reinado Cigars CG LE orders... April/May 2016

Started by gyoza1138, 05/08/2016 06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gyoza1138

Because of the advertisement on this site's front page, I placed an order for 3 boxes of the CG limited edition over 2 weeks ago. The order has not been processed despite me giving them my payment info and personal info. I have tried contacting them via web-form, phone, and 2 separate email addresses. I have not heard back from them.

[Edited to remove inappropriate speculative crap I wrote out of frustration. Sorry.]

toby2

interesting. what negative information did you dredge up?

Ted

I'd like to know as well. The only thing I can really see with a quick search is a Heroin dealer in VT named Antonio. Assuming it's a different Antonio. :D

ninfiction

Had no issues receiving the 2 boxes I ordered when they came out last year...actually turned into really good cigars after resting this long.

Would be interesting to know if something has happened lately to change the status of the shop though.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

05Venturer

So Ben, What person are you referring to?
Also perhaps you might want to think about introducing yourself in the newbie intros before tossing out disturbing info :shy:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

05Venturer

QuoteTed - 5/8/2016  10:14 AM

I'd like to know as well. The only thing I can really see with a quick search is a Heroin dealer in VT named Antonio. Assuming it's a different Antonio. :D

The Antonio you refer to is a Pizza Restaurant owner.
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Ted

Quoteninfiction - 5/8/2016  9:57 AM  Had no issues receiving the 2 boxes I ordered when they came out last year...actually turned into really good cigars after resting this long.  Would be interesting to know if something has happened lately to change the status of the shop though.

I ordered and received a 2nd box in February. No problems.

I smoked one from the first box about 6 months ago and found it to be much bolder than I expected. Really looking forward to seeing how these progress.

Ted

Quote05Venturer - 5/8/2016  10:03 AM  
QuoteTed - 5/8/2016  10:14 AM  I'd like to know as well. The only thing I can really see with a quick search is a Heroin dealer in VT named Antonio. Assuming it's a different Antonio. :D
The Antonio you refer to is a Pizza Restaurant owner.

Aren't all cigar factory owners pizzeria owners too?

Brlesq

Look, its no secret to my friends on this site that I do not care for Antonio.  I have had delivery problems with him as well, and needed to cancel an order last year because nothing was delivered 3 weeks after he collected my credit card payment along with a couple BS emails telling me they were "on the way".

But in this instance, you might have the wrong guy.  Reinado Cigars are sold by Cubanero Enterprises LLC out of Leonia, NJ 07605.  Here is a number you can call to try and get your cigars or a refund. (201) 820-1851
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

mpurtle01

I had no issues with order on CG Reinado cigars.  But that was a long time ago.  No recent orders.

Longhorn

I've ordered the CG LE sticks 3 times with no issues.  

The owner of this site, SeƱor Pablo, collaborated on the blend and a PM to him would probably help your situation.

You might want to retract the "disturbing info" part of your post.  I think, like the others, you may have the wrong guy. :?:

SenorPablo

I have not talked to Antonio in a few months, but let me reach out to him and see if I can find out anything.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

gyoza1138

I cannot reach them at that number or by any of the email addresses associated with the site. I have been trying almost DAILY for 2 weeks.

gyoza1138

QuoteLonghorn - 5/8/2016  3:07 PM

You might want to retract the "disturbing info" part of your post.  I think, like the others, you may have the wrong guy. :?:

Done and done.

Also, Senor Pablo, I see you're reaching out to them to see what's up, thank you so much!

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

gyoza1138

Quotenirab - 5/9/2016  7:00 AM

Who is Benjamin???  :confused:

A relatively new user that was initially attracted to this site by the humidor database features. My friends can't make up their mind and leave mine open for 5 minutes every time I offer a cigar. Now I can just show them a manageable menu I can synchronize anywhere. I'm not much of a forum poster on any topic on any site, cigar related or not. I like long walks in abandoned industrial parks and Nicaraguan Lonsdales. Pleased to meet you.

I didn't write an intro in the intro category as I don't often use forums; this was supposed to be a one-time post regarding a site content issue. I am looking for answers regarding a problem I'm having after following a link on the front page of this site. I had exhausted every provided option of contacting the linked party without success. I was frustrated, and my initial comment was a bit... uhm... firey. Sorry 'bout that. In retrospect I probably should have just messaged people directly. I wish I were writing a review of the CG LE instead of this.

Brlesq

Quotegyoza1138 - 5/9/2016  3:18 PM

Quotenirab - 5/9/2016  7:00 AM

Who is Benjamin???  :confused:

A relatively new user that was initially attracted to this site by the humidor database features. My friends can't make up their mind and leave mine open for 5 minutes every time I offer a cigar. Now I can just show them a manageable menu I can synchronize anywhere. I'm not much of a forum poster on any topic on any site, cigar related or not. I like long walks in abandoned industrial parks and Nicaraguan Lonsdales. Pleased to meet you.

I didn't write an intro in the intro category as I don't often use forums; this was supposed to be a one-time post regarding a site content issue. I am looking for answers regarding a problem I'm having after following a link on the front page of this site. I had exhausted every provided option of contacting the linked party without success. I was frustrated, and my initial comment was a bit... uhm... firey. Sorry 'bout that. In retrospect I probably should have just messaged people directly. I wish I were writing a review of the CG LE instead of this.

Now THAT is a refreshingly honest answer.  This site offers lots of different choices for different users whether or not they want to be engaged in the forums.  I am certain that there are more users that constitute a "silent majority".

Hope that your problem gets straightened out, Benjamin, and I hope that you stay and enjoy using the site.  When the feeling moves you to make a comment in the forums, we're happy to have you join us!  :-)

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Longhorn

Quotegyoza1138 - 5/8/2016  11:17 PM

QuoteLonghorn - 5/8/2016  3:07 PM

Done and done.

Also, Senor Pablo, I see you're reaching out to them to see what's up, thank you so much!

:thumbsup:

Did they charge your credit card?

Longhorn

QuoteBrlesq - 5/9/2016  5:41 PM

Now THAT is a refreshingly honest answer... Hope that your problem gets straightened out, Benjamin...

X2

gyoza1138

QuoteLonghorn - 5/9/2016  3:59 PM

Did they charge your credit card?

They did not. I got a generated notice that the order had been received and would be processed shortly, and it shows 'pending approval' in my order history. I haven't heard anything from my bank and called to check and see if they'd blocked anything, and they hadn't.

Thanks for the welcome! I'll try to behave myself  :biggrin:

BewareDaPenguin

Welcome I hope your issue gets resolved...I had a problem with the online ordering system when I placed my order a while back so I just never ordered them. Hope your sticks come soon
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

SenorPablo

So I just talked to Reinado and it sounds like his credit card processor has changed their stance on processing orders related to tobacco.  So for now he has no way of processing B2C orders.  PayPal is not an option.  He is hoping to get it resolved soon but he doesn't do a lot of B2C orders (aside from the CG cigar) so I suspect it isn't a huge priority for him.  For now, i'm going to pull down the banner ads for them.  Sorry folks.  If you have an interest in getting them, PM me and we can probably work something out on the side for getting them to you.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

gitfiddl

QuoteSenorPablo - 5/10/2016  12:49 PM

So I just talked to Reinado and it sounds like his credit card processor has changed their stance on processing orders related to tobacco.  So for now he has no way of processing B2C orders.  PayPal is not an option.  He is hoping to get it resolved soon but he doesn't do a lot of B2C orders (aside from the CG cigar) so I suspect it isn't a huge priority for him.  For now, i'm going to pull down the banner ads for them.  Sorry folks.  If you have an interest in getting them, PM me and we can probably work something out on the side for getting them to you.

-Paul

Feckin' Nanny-Staters telling us how to spend our money!

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

tvolball

Seriously, the credit card company won't do the transaction because its for tobacco. If that's the case I can't believe it. He just needs to go to another credit card processor. Hell he can probably get a better rate anyway if he shops around. These processors are a dime a dozen these days and they all try to beat the other one on what they charge.
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

Longhorn

Quotegitfiddl - 5/10/2016  1:02 PM

QuoteSenorPablo - 5/10/2016  12:49 PM

-Paul

Feckin' Nanny-Staters telling us how to spend our money!

No kidding. Last I checked,  cigars are a legal product, no?  Gun free zones, no smoking, and twisted sister bathrooms.  I don't tolerate intolerants!.   :moon:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.