July Member Sponsored Geek Critique

Started by junglepete, 05/19/2016 02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by nirab (Brian)

The cigar: Buena Vista Edicion Limitada 2008 Short Churchill (4.25 x 54)

The Hype - The Edicion Limitada '08 is made from long-leaf tobaccos harvested between 2008 and 2010, and draped in a gorgeous Habano wrapper grown in Ecuador. Beautiful and sumptuous to the eye: dark reddish brown in color and flawlessly smooth with no veins. Pre-light aroma is sweetness, leather, hickory, and chocolate. A squeeze between forefinger and thumb out of the gate tells you it's well-constructed. The factory asserts it was aged for 3 years post-production and box aged for 2 more. I believe it. Off the bat it's subtle, elegant, and well-balanced, producing a nuanced, extremely smooth smoke with pronounced creaminess, toast, and leather. As it burns it retains a nice natural sweetness with enhanced creamy richness and a woodsy character. Extremely pleasant, medium in body and very light on cost. Dollar for dollar, this is a buy and a half. Not for nothing but even the boxes are nice - matte finish, felt undersides, cedar inserts, and overall a very high-end feel.

The Reviewer Criteria: If you have 100 points or more, throw your name in the hat as Brian has a unique way of drawing the winning reviewers. Note: If you have done a Geek Critique in May or are scheduled to do one in June, August or September, please give others a chance.

Shipping Restrictions: Brian will decide.

1. jharris
2. tjm0831
3. ninfiction
4. mautrak
5. beegerply

Due date: June 24, 2016

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this new initiative in place.

Thanks again to Brian for taking this one on and providing the cigar. THANKS!! And happy smokin'
 :smoker:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

jharrisx5

Surprised nobody has jumped in...I'm good if you need a sucka
Puff Puff Give....

tjm0831

I'm doing another review now, but if you need a body I can definitely jump!

nirab

My dog Penny will be drawing the names, so if you love dogs you've got a great chance to review this cigar. I hate to waste postage on one cigar...just sayin'... :shy: For the price I paid for these, I was really surprised by it. I'm looking forward to seeing what y'all think. This one has never been reviewed before, so you can be a part of CG history by participating!!  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Beegerply

Sounds like a great cigar, can't wait to see the reviews.  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

appollo

I'm doing one in Oct.but if needed I will volunteer :-)

ninfiction

I will toss my name in the hat, I did May though so if you get 5 others count me out.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Mautrak

Looking back, I haven't done a geek critique all year.  I'll throw my name in the hat if you need a warm body.

freakydeakydutchman

im also doing the oct one but if you need another option ..im good to go
"when a guy does something stupid once, well that's because he's a guy. But if he does the same stupid thing twice, that's usually to impress some girl."
Dr. Suess

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=freakydeakydutchman

nirab

:bump:  :bump:   Penny is gonna draw names this weekend, and I will ship out the cigars the first week of June...

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

nirab

Last call for reviewers. Will post Penny's picks tomorrow morning.... :biggrin:  :angel:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

nirab

Low voter turnout...kinda appropriate in today's era... :shy:

Pete, here are the reviewers I helped Penny choose...ok, the list pretty much picked itself due to low voter turnout!:

jharris
tjm0831
ninfiction
mautrak
beegerply

To my brothers in the GWN, sorry for the exclusion, but I felt I could not get the cigar up to y'all in time for review. I promise the next time I sponsor a GC, there will be a Canadian presence!  :biggrin:  :angel:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Mautrak

tjm0831

appollo

Great bunch of geeks.Looking foreword to the reviews. :-)

nirab

Quoteappollo - 6/1/2016  1:18 PM

I would have included one in the package I just sent you...but I spaced out...typical behavior as of late!  :rolleyes:  :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

ninfiction

This is not the admin you're looking for...

freakydeakydutchman

Hey from the GWN. no worries. and cant wait to read the reviews
"when a guy does something stupid once, well that's because he's a guy. But if he does the same stupid thing twice, that's usually to impress some girl."
Dr. Suess

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=freakydeakydutchman

tjm0831

McBryde

Day late and a cigar short! Looking to see how the reviews turn out on these. Have seen varied reviews, but mostly they are all good, saying price point is a big plus for this one.

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

appollo

Quotenirab - 6/1/2016  5:31 PM

Quoteappollo - 6/1/2016  1:18 PM

I would have included one in the package I just sent you...but I spaced out...typical behavior as of late!  :rolleyes:  :biggrin:
Not to worry I bought a box when they were on. :biggrin:

Beegerply

Thanks for the chance Penny, this old dog is looking forward to it. Oh thank you also Brian. :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

jharrisx5

Puff Puff Give....

nirab

Cigars went out today. If any of you do not get them by Friday, please let me know. I mailed these as economical as possible...kind of experimented with a small padded envelope...praying that this experiment is successful!! My wife dropped them off this morning for me, not sure if tracking will be available.  :-0

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Mautrak

Quotenirab - 6/6/2016  9:14 AM

Cigars went out today. If any of you do not get them by Friday, please let me know. I mailed these as economical as possible...kind of experimented with a small padded envelope...praying that this experiment is successful!! My wife dropped them off this morning for me, not sure if tracking will be available.  :-0

What could possibly go wrong?   :biggrin:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.