August Industry Sponsored Geek Critique

Started by nwb, 06/08/2016 04:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwb

This critique has been generously sponsored by David and Andy at Cigars at Your Price:

http://www.cigarsatyourprice.com/

Thank you for your generosity!  A special thank you goes out to Kevin (Wescat) for coordinating!

The Chosen Cigar: Camacho Liberty 2016

The Chosen Reviewers:

bstessl
Caveman Steve
Dave S.
DonM
nirab

This cigar shall be reviewed no later than July 25th.

Happy Smokin' gents! :smoker:
Chief of Shaft

nwb

Reviewers will be chosen out of the pool of those that purchase under the group buy and show interest.  For more information, see this thread:

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=42793.0
Chief of Shaft

wescat

Quotenwb - 6/8/2016  7:58 AM

Reviewers will be chosen out of the pool of those that purchase under the group buy and show interest.  For more information, see this thread:

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=42793.0

Thanks for setting this up Nathan. I'm definitely looking forward to this years Liberty.
The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

jharrisx5

I look forward to EVERY year's liberty!
Puff Puff Give....

freakydeakydutchman

I'll toss my hat in here if you have problems finding people. However I am doing one in oct,
"when a guy does something stupid once, well that's because he's a guy. But if he does the same stupid thing twice, that's usually to impress some girl."
Dr. Suess

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=freakydeakydutchman

wescat

As nwb has already said, the 5 Geek Critique'ers will be selected from the 2016 Camacho Liberty Distribution participants, as has been done for the past 5 years.

So, if you want in on the GC, buy a few !!
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

wescat

And, the chosen reviewers are:

nirab
cavemansteve
DonM
btessl
Dave S

Y'all enjoy, and I look forward to quality reviews turned in on time gentlemen !!
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

DonM

:dancing: Thank You Kevin !  Looking forward to the review

"The Curmudgeon"

wescat

OK, cigars are going out this week.

So, what I need from each reviewer are replies to this thread, with:

Yes, I'll do the review.

I have received my Geek Critique cigar.

I will have my review submitted by *DATE*. And the date needs to be before 7/26/2016.

I really appreciate y'all doing these Geek Critique's !

Thank You !!!
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

nirab

Yes, I'll do the review.  CHECK!  :bigthumbs:

I have received my Geek Critique cigar.   YES I HAVE!!!!

I will have my review submitted by *THE TIME BEFORE IT IS DUE*. And the date needs to be before 7/26/2016.   ROGER THAT!!

I really appreciate ya doing these Geek Critique's !   I really appreciate ya doing this Liberty buy in every year!!
 :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

DonM

Yes, I will definitely do the Geek Critique  :bigthumbs:

I have a tracking number as of today on the cigars :bigthumbs:

I will have the review in by 20 July  :bigthumbs:

Thanks again for setting the Camacho Liberty's up for us, I am looking forward to doing the review

"The Curmudgeon"

bstessl

I'm in on the GC (Thanks!)

pending arrival

I will have it done before said date,  more exact estimate after arrival.
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

wescat

Quotewescat - 6/13/2016  1:54 PM

OK, cigars are going out this week.

1) Yes, I'll do the review.

2) I have received my Geek Critique cigar.

3) I will have my review submitted by *DATE*. And the date needs to be before 7/26/2016.

I really appreciate y'all doing these Geek Critique's !

Thank You !!!

Everyone should have their cigars in hand by now, so: Brian, Steve, Don, Brian, and Dave: please update this thread as per the 3 points of detail above if you haven't already. Thank you !!!

Looking forward to the reviews !!      :cool:
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

Dave S.

Kevin--

First, thanks for the opportunity to participate in the Geek Critique, and I'll be pleased to do so.

Second, I haven't received my cigars, but, according to the tracking website, they're scheduled for delivery today.

Third, I'll submit my critique Sunday, July 24th.  I'd like the cigars to spend as much time in my humidor as possible before I smoke one.

Take care,

Dave S.
"There are not enough Indians in the world to defeat the Seventh Cavalry."

George Armstrong Custer

wescat

QuoteDave S. - 6/22/2016  11:53 AM

Kevin--

First, thanks for the opportunity to participate in the Geek Critique, and I'll be pleased to do so.

Second, I haven't received my cigars, but, according to the tracking website, they're scheduled for delivery today.

Third, I'll submit my critique Sunday, July 24th.  I'd like the cigars to spend as much time in my humidor as possible before I smoke one.

Take care,

Dave S.

Excellent, thank you Dave.    :bigthumbs:
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

GameOfCigars

For future critiques, will there be future buy-ins to be eligible, or some other way of determining this?  Sorry if I am asking this in the wrong area.
"If you get hooked on scotch, then everything else just tastes wrong."

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=GameOfCigars

wescat

QuoteGameOfCigars - 6/22/2016  12:25 PM

For future critiques, will there be future buy-ins to be eligible, or some other way of determining this?  Sorry if I am asking this in the wrong area.

Hello GameOfCigars. No problem asking the question, but the precise intent of your question is not clear to me.

If you ask regarding any/all Geek Critiques in the future, I cannot answer that definitively, but Geek Critique participants typically are gifted the cigar they are reviewing.

You can educate yourself regarding how Geek Critiques are done here:  http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=39

And here:  http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=28848.0

If you ask regarding Geek Critiques of Camacho Liberty releases: I do a big box split on the Liberty's every year. 5 of the Geeks that buy in on the box split are selected to do the Geek Critique.

If you are asking because you want to buy in on this years liberty box split, see this thread:  http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=42793.0

If you are asking something else, please restate the question. Thanks.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

bstessl

I'm in on the GC

Cigars arrived nicely.

I will have it done most likely on the 3rd of July.
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

wescat

Quotebstessl - 6/22/2016  12:44 PM

I'm in on the GC

Cigars arrived nicely.

I will have it done most likely on the 3rd of July.

7/3/2016 is great Brian, thanks   :bigthumbs:
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

Dave S.

My order of 10, plus the additional cigar for the critique arrived a few minutes ago.
"There are not enough Indians in the world to defeat the Seventh Cavalry."

George Armstrong Custer

wescat

QuoteDave S. - 6/22/2016  1:08 PM

My order of 10, plus the additional cigar for the critique arrived a few minutes ago.

Excellent Dave   :bigthumbs:  :bigthumbs:
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

nirab

original post updated to let you know that I received my cigars, along with the GC stick and that I will conduct my review before the stated deadline...see original post for more information... :biggrin:  :shy:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

wescat

Quotenirab - 6/22/2016  4:44 PM

original post updated to let you know that I received my cigars, along with the GC stick and that I will conduct my review before the stated deadline...see original post for more information... :biggrin:  :shy:

Thanks Brian, looking forward to your review dude.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

Caveman Steve

Received my cigars and will post my review before the stated deadline!

Thank You!
"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

Cfickter

Enjoy guys, I did last years and it was a pretty good cigar, it wasn't the '07 but good
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.