Cigar Traveller / IRODA...

Started by Ted, 06/09/2016 09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted

Bought a couple of vendor branded Cigar Traveller lighters recently. After some adjustments with the gas release valve, these things are the most reliable lighter I own. So far I've used a third of a fill and have lit / touched up about 20 cigars (and a lot of testing). These things light the first time, almost every time. Maybe one 1 in 20 attempts requires a second try. Haven't had the chance to try in cold weather (sub 50º) where 90% of my current torches fail, but it is already more reliable than all my other lighters above 60º. 

Main reason I purchased was to have a torch on travel. So far, no issue. Can't recommend these highly enough. The ones I got are rebranded Cigar Traveller, but they appear to be the exact same as the red IRODA models available on eBay and Amazon. Can't recommend these highly enough. Will probably buy a couple more on my next purchase and stock up on these!

calvarez

Interesting legal air travel option.  May have to grab one.  I take my Xikar Enigma on flights and haven't had an issue, but it's not legal to fly.  I really dislike the single-flame pinpoint torches like this, but it's better than nothing.
Carlos Alvarez, Peoria, AZ

"I've learned that the taboo subjects -- religion, politics,
philosophy -- can be safely discussed in polite company
when you're holding a fine cigar and a scotch."
  -- Me

Ted

It's actually got a surprisingly high output. For a single. Lights better than my Bugatti 2002 which I really like when the temp is above 70ยบ. It's horrible when cooler out though.

Camshaft83

That is pretty cool. Might have to get me a couple of those.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

sar127

Great tool, seen one in person, definitely one for the arsenal!
Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

Lena01

Three, maybe four things....

We at Cigar Traveller know what a cigar aficionado needs. It boils down to three, maybe four things. A good cigar, some good company, a drink and most importantly, jet flame.

Sadly, on our travels the difficulties that we smokers encounter at airports and the like can make the flame a little tricky.

Not any more. Whilst we cannot guarantee every airport in the world having the same policy, we have a standard lighter to jet flame convertor that can be separated for travelling and joined together in perfect harmony to enable you to light your cigar when you get to where you need to be.

Leave the expensive lighter at home and relax in the knowledge that cigar traveller will take care of your lighter needs at the other end. We even provide extra refills to avoid taking any butane on your travels.

Brlesq

QuoteLena01 - 8/1/2017  8:31 AM

We at Cigar Traveller know what a cigar aficionado needs. It boils down to three, maybe four things. A good cigar, some good company, a drink and most importantly, jet flame.

Sadly, on our travels the difficulties that we smokers encounter at airports and the like can make the flame a little tricky.

Not any more. Whilst we cannot guarantee every airport in the world having the same policy, we have a standard lighter to jet flame convertor that can be separated for travelling and joined together in perfect harmony to enable you to light your cigar when you get to where you need to be.

Leave the expensive lighter at home and relax in the knowledge that cigar traveller will take care of your lighter needs at the other end. We even provide extra refills to avoid taking any butane on your travels.

Welcome to the site.  Sounds like a great product.  Why don't you hook us all up with a special CG deal and you might sell a bunch of these!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

headfirst

When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Cfickter

QuoteBrlesq - 8/1/2017  8:37 AM  
QuoteLena01 - 8/1/2017  8:31 AM  Three, maybe four things....  We at Cigar Traveller know what a cigar aficionado needs. It boils down to three, maybe four things. A good cigar, some good company, a drink and most importantly, jet flame.   Sadly, on our travels the difficulties that we smokers encounter at airports and the like can make the flame a little tricky.   Not any more. Whilst we cannot guarantee every airport in the world having the same policy, we have a standard lighter to jet flame convertor that can be separated for travelling and joined together in perfect harmony to enable you to light your cigar when you get to where you need to be.   Leave the expensive lighter at home and relax in the knowledge that cigar traveller will take care of your lighter needs at the other end. We even provide extra refills to avoid taking any butane on your travels.
Welcome to the site.  Sounds like a great product.  Why don't you hook us all up with a special CG deal and you might sell a bunch of these!

I will second, I guess third, that!

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

shakinghorizons

QuoteBrlesq - 8/1/2017  6:37 AM

Couldn't agree more! I'm sure 50-100 of them will sell within a day.

benchjockey

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

danb6177

QuoteBrlesq - 8/1/2017  10:37 AM

I'm thinking that is just a copy paste from cigar travelers sight. So far all that persons posts are copy pasted.
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

StogieDad

Gotta say that is pretty cool...
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Vroomp

Not so sure Lena is anyone at all............

Her first post

her second post

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Brlesq

Quotedanb6177 - 8/1/2017  12:17 PM

QuoteBrlesq - 8/1/2017  10:37 AM

I'm thinking that is just a copy paste from cigar travelers sight. So far all that persons posts are copy pasted.

I know.  It was pretty obvious.  Since this was the one thread where the cut and paste was in the first person (as if "Lena" was making the claims), I thought it would be a good way to call "Lena" out to put up or shut up.  

Makes you wonder what goes through peoples heads when they join a forum and just cut and paste plagiarized responses.  Maybe "Lena" will come back and enlighten all of us.  :shootme:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

danb6177

I know.  It was pretty obvious.  Since this was the one thread where the cut and paste was in the first person (as if "Lena" was making the claims), I thought it would be a good way to call "Lena" out to put up or shut up.  

Makes you wonder what goes through peoples heads when they join a forum and just cut and paste plagiarized responses.  Maybe "Lena" will come back and enlighten all of us.  :shootme:

Ahh I see now...This is why I try not to stop drinking, I stop and then I miss the point all the time
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

calvarez

QuoteMakes you wonder what goes through peoples heads when they join a forum and just cut and paste plagiarized responses.  

Usually these are spammer accounts, some automated system tends to them then once they have some rep points or just time on the site, they start spamming.
Carlos Alvarez, Peoria, AZ

"I've learned that the taboo subjects -- religion, politics,
philosophy -- can be safely discussed in polite company
when you're holding a fine cigar and a scotch."
  -- Me

c9belayer

I’m in Las Vegas right now and this is the first trip with my Cigar Traveller. I frickin love it! I stored the lighter pieces in my carry-on and kept the “lighter” fuel charge on me when going through security; it looks like a regular cheapie lighter. No problems! This has earned a permanent place for in my travel herf kit. Much thanks to those UK guys who created this gem. Oh, and their wooden collapsible cigar stand is equally as useful. 
-- c9belayer

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.