Nirvana - What Gives?

Started by junglepete, 07/28/2016 10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

So CI has these on special this week: $74 for a box of Topedos

Both cigar.com and Thompson sell them for $9-$10 each  :-0

Famous has them on sale $45 for a box of Topedos  :hitme:

The two reviews here are just so so...other reviews out there score them quite high.

Any thoughts on this Drew Estate partnership blend? Anyone else smoked one?

Thanks
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

McBryde

I saw the cheap price tag on them as well, and it made me wonder also.

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

GameOfCigars

Some places may have some back stock they are trying to get rid of?
"If you get hooked on scotch, then everything else just tastes wrong."

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=GameOfCigars

Cfickter

My thought is that this cigar came out in early 2014, so already 2 years old.  A boat load, very large boat load, of new stuff just came out at the ICPCR so something has to go.  Also the fact that it has a Cameroon wrapper might turn some off.  Everyone thinks broadleaf nowadays.
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

StogieDad

The little short Silencio was pretty good after some rest, the bigger vitolas were OK.  I would not have paid anywhere near MSRP for these personally, but if you can stash a box at a good deal, then that would be another thing.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

headfirst

QuoteCfickter - 7/29/2016  9:45 AM

Also the fact that it has a Cameroon wrapper might turn some off.  Everyone thinks broadleaf nowadays.

That would be me.  Cameroons seem to lose their flavor as the smoke progresses, don't know why.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

McBryde

Quoteheadfirst - 7/29/2016  1:35 PM

QuoteCfickter - 7/29/2016  9:45 AM

Also the fact that it has a Cameroon wrapper might turn some off.  Everyone thinks broadleaf nowadays.

That would be me.  Cameroons seem to lose their flavor as the smoke progresses, don't know why.

X2

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

ntanner

I have had a couple and they didn't wow me but at $45 a box I think they would be worth it. For that price they can either be good yard gar or if you do not like them it's almost time for cigars for the troops.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

junglepete

Thanks for info gents...i could not let it pass...with the Famous CG discount and an added fiver of the same to the lot, the deal was too good not try something with Drew Estates fingers in it for $2.1288 a stick, shipping included in the final price. In the past I have liked the Cameroon wrapper on the Hemingways, La Aurora Preferidos, the CAO Cameroon, and the NUB Cameroon....so we'll see what gives in the end  :biggrin:

It's hard to imagine this cigar is still out there on many reputable websites going for anywhere from $5-$10 a stick. For those interested, you can still get a fiver at Famous for $12

https://www.famous-smoke.com/brand/nirvana+by+drew+estate+cigars
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

junglepete

Update...way better than a yard gar IMO...For 2.20 a pop for a large torp....smooth, creamy, medium bodied, burns well, lots of smoke..I'm happy  :-)  29 to go. Famous sold out and everyone else wants $9 a stick. Totally in my wheelhouse of flavors. Sometimes you just get lucky I suppose.
Guru of Frugality

05Venturer

Quotejunglepete - 8/4/2016  6:45 PM

Update...way better than a yard gar IMO...For 2.20 a pop for a large torp....smooth, creamy, medium bodied, burns well, lots of smoke..I'm happy  :-)  29 to go. Famous sold out and everyone else wants $9 a stick. Totally in my wheelhouse of flavors. Sometimes you just get lucky I suppose.

Nice  :thumbsup:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Smokin surfer

Nice score. I have been curious about these as well.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.