Little Treasures - Please see updated description!

Started by millarddj, 08/10/2016 06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

millarddj

This is a thread generated automatically by the Cigar Pass system to discuss the Cigar Pass named 'Little Treasures'.

Use this link to return back to the Cigar Pass.

I love small cigars, they're perfect for shorter windows of time or as a warm-up or nightcap. As far as I can tell, there has been little love for the "little guys" in passes in the last couple of years, so I aim to change that. Things have also been a little slow around here lately, so let's get some more swapping in!

The aim of this pass is to deliver some high-quality small cigars, some of them favorites of mine, into the hands of Geeks to be tried out, and for you to share your favorite smalls with others.

SIZE RESTRICTIONS: No cigars over 5" in length. No ring gauge restrictions (but no cigarillos, please). The intent of this pass is to focus on petit coronas, petit robustos, and small figurados. Note that standard robustos DO fit the criteria of this pass (and I have included a couple in the seed list), but I prefer to see only a handful of them in the pass. Therefore, I would like to limit the number of standard robustos in this pass to 5, maximum, at any given time.

CI and Famous pricing, or nearest equivalent that can be found. Standard CG cigar pass rules apply. If you cannot replace ISOM with ISOM or direct price for price, please message the mod for P/T approval. Regular status required for enrollment, unless you have a senior Geek vouching for you. Canadian/International Geeks are welcome to participate virtually near the end of the pass - I am always international friendly!
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

millarddj

I will be posting the seed list and sending a few invites shortly. Please feel free to hit me up via PM or here with questions.
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

clami

I am with you on the little cigars - Love them!!   I'm in for a pass.

millarddj

Quoteclami - 8/10/2016  8:46 PM

I am with you on the little cigars - Love them!!   I'm in for a pass.

Great, you're in. Thanks Clay!
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

05Venturer

"SIZE RESTRICTIONS: No cigars over 5" in length."
"12.    Por Larranaga Petit Coronas (5.12 x 42)"   :confused:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

millarddj

Quote05Venturer - 8/10/2016  11:19 PM

Huh. Had that sitting alongside the robustos and it looked no longer. Not sure if I have a CC to replace it with, but I'll check.

We haven't even started and I'm breaking my own rules. :biggrin:
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

ninfiction

Maybe I shouldn't have requested to join since I didn't get an invite, too late now...  :cry:
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Cfickter

thanks for having me Dan
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

nirab

I'll play if you'll have me... :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

millarddj

I switched up the description to extend length to 5.25", since that will allow a few funky-sized petit coronas, but not allow gran robustos. It would allow something like the Fuente Don Carlos Eye of the Shark, but I always thought that was a fat little stick. :thumbsup:

Everyone's in so far and that makes 7. This will probably be open for a little while, as I'd like to have 10 to get things cooking.
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

appollo

Thanks for having me.Looking foreword to it.  :dancing:

nirab

After a couple of draws, it fits the bill!  :biggrin:  :shy:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

millarddj

Quotenirab - 8/11/2016  2:55 PM

I'm pleased to institute the first ever Cigar Geeks "cigar pass sampling policy", wherein the Geek whose turn it is in the pass is allowed to sample up to three sticks by smoking a maximum of 1/2" of his or her chosen cigar(s). A cigar may not be sampled past half off its original overall length AFTER you snip off the bit that you "lipped".

:angel:
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

appollo

Quotemillarddj - 8/11/2016  6:02 PM

Quotenirab - 8/11/2016  2:55 PM

This will be a very unique pass.You might be on to something.

I'm pleased to institute the first ever Cigar Geeks "cigar pass sampling policy", wherein the Geek whose turn it is in the pass is allowed to sample up to three sticks by smoking a maximum of 1/2" of his or her chosen cigar(s). A cigar may not be sampled past half off its original overall length AFTER you snip off the bit that you "lipped".

:angel:
:biggrin:

millarddj

Come on Geeks, could use one or two more. Don't make me start spinning the wheel on the member's list!
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

StogieDad

Winter is coming up, things are slowing down for me, seems like a good time to jump in on a pass if you will have me.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

millarddj

Absolutely, glad to have you sir.
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

cmbrose

I definitely want in. With going to school and having 6 kids and hopefully starting a job soon, longer cigars are out. Need those shorter smokes!

millarddj

Quotecmbrose - 8/14/2016  10:33 AM

I definitely want in. With going to school and having 6 kids and hopefully starting a job soon, longer cigars are out. Need those shorter smokes!

Cool, glad to have you Chris!

I have also accepted a request from Art to join. I swear he was in another pass at some point, but I can't find him in any of the likely passes or see any feedback on his profile for them. Am I just confused? :?:

Art, I'll put you early in the pass order and we'll make sure you know when the box is headed to you so that there's no confusion.

This puts us up to 12 participants, which is enough to get us rolling. I will keep this open until Friday, 8/19 or so, for anyone that has not yet joined, and for me to finish getting my ducks in a row.
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

05Venturer

Quotemillarddj - 8/14/2016  9:14 AM

Quotecmbrose - 8/14/2016  10:33 AM

Cool, glad to have you Chris!

I have also accepted a request from Art to join. I swear he was in another pass at some point, but I can't find him in any of the likely passes or see any feedback on his profile for them. Am I just confused? :?:

Art, I'll put you early in the pass order and we'll make sure you know when the box is headed to you so that there's no confusion.

This puts us up to 12 participants, which is enough to get us rolling. I will keep this open until Friday, 8/19 or so, for anyone that has not yet joined, and for me to finish getting my ducks in a row.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=cigpass;area=mems;boxpass_id=224

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=35256.0
Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

millarddj

I appreciate that you knew immediately that I was looking for your snooping skills, Kent. :biggrin:
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

05Venturer

Quotemillarddj - 8/14/2016  12:53 PM

I appreciate that you knew immediately that I was looking for your snooping skills, Kent. :biggrin:

:welcome:
Kent

tjm0831

I'll play if you'll have me.

millarddj

Quotetjm0831 - 8/14/2016  5:39 PM

I'll play if you'll have me.

Surely!
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

tjm0831

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.