Cigar Bars in Boston

Started by ItalianSmokes, 01/26/2010 07:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItalianSmokes

I have been going to Stanza di Sigari in the Northend and CigarMasters on Boylston Street for a while now, and I'm curious as to what other people thought of these bars.

Stanza is a little more expensive with a smaller selection, but I really like the atmosphere there. If you think of an old-time cigar bar in the North End (Italian Section) of Boston, this is exactly what you would expect. The restaurants around the bar are fantastic too.

Cigar Masters is a little more contemporary, but they have cheaper prices and a wider selection. It seems more commercial, but the atmosphere and staff are still fairly good. It's also walking distance from Fenway Park, so it's a great spot to hit after an afternoon game.

For those who have spent time in Boston, what do you think?
-Mike
Founder and CEO
http://www.italiansmokes.com

BlackIrish

QuoteItalianSmokes - 1/26/2010  8:22 AM

I have been going to Stanza di Sigari in the Northend and CigarMasters on Boylston Street for a while now, and I'm curious as to what other people thought of these bars.

Stanza is a little more expensive with a smaller selection, but I really like the atmosphere there. If you think of an old-time cigar bar in the North End (Italian Section) of Boston, this is exactly what you would expect. The restaurants around the bar are fantastic too.

Cigar Masters is a little more contemporary, but they have cheaper prices and a wider selection. It seems more commercial, but the atmosphere and staff are still fairly good. It's also walking distance from Fenway Park, so it's a great spot to hit after an afternoon game.

For those who have spent time in Boston, what do you think?

I agree with you that Stanza has a nice atmosphere.  They also have figured out a way to serve liquor, which makes them unique among the three cigar lounges in Boston.

I'm less of a fan of CigarMasters.  Very nice selection, but cigar prices are high, and it's pretty small.   There's a bit of attitude there, and a $10 lighting fee if you bring your own.  

I'm loyal to Churchill's, over near Quincy Market.  Not a great selection, but a nice atmosphere with big comfy leather chairs and couches.  No attitude, either, and no lighting fee if you bring your own.
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

Jackal

I tried to get out to Victory in Worcester last time I was out your way.  After 20 minutes of circling like a shark trying to find somewhere to park within a mile or two, I got fed up and turned around.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

ItalianSmokes

I haven't checked out Churchill's in a long time.  I think it's time I make my way over there. I absolutely forgot about the lighting fee, and I agree it is ridiculous.

-Mike
Founder and CEO
http://www.italiansmokes.com

rkarkada

Last time I was in Boston I tried CigarMasters, which is cool, but parking is tough in that area.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.