500 Post Giveaway

Started by shakinghorizons, 08/17/2016 10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shakinghorizons

As of writing this, I have 377 posts. When I reach 500 posts, I will a nice gift pack containing a mix of NC and CC, as my way of saying thanks for having me!

Now for the contest -

Post the date and hour that you believe I will meet my 500 post threshold. ONE guess per member.

Good luck!   :angel:

EDIT - 9/30/2016 - SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED!

bstessl

time to start stalking you...
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

ninfiction

Excellent contest...I'm holding off on my guess for a bit too
This is not the admin you're looking for...

johncw

Quotebstessl - 8/18/2016  1:49 AM

time to start stalking you...
:lmao:

Cfickter

I have a good guess but I need to check my calculations

x

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

GameOfCigars

Now the question is...Will he post anything at all?  lolol

No, but I will be following along, and I am sure this thread will never leave the top of the list the next week or so.

Here is some music while we wait... :violin:
"If you get hooked on scotch, then everything else just tastes wrong."

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=GameOfCigars

appollo

Jan.10 6:32pm 2017.Thanks for the contest. :-)

shakinghorizons

January......WOW! Hopefully this contest doesn't run THAT long!

Who knows, I could reach 500 by the end of the week, lol.

shakinghorizons

BTW - just guess to the nearest hour - Price is Right rules (closest without going over).

05Venturer

Quoteshakinghorizons - 8/17/2016  10:34 PM

As of writing this, I have 377 posts. When I reach 500 posts, I will a nice gift pack containing a mix of NC and CC, as my way of saying thanks for having me!

Now for the contest -

Post the date and hour that you believe I will meet my 500 post threshold. ONE guess per member. I will close the contest at my 495th post.

Good luck!   :angel:

Just out of curiosity, if everyone post their guess here won't you actually know who is closest before you make post 500? :confused:
It's not going to be a secret to anyone including you, just thinking out loud.
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

millarddj

Probably is a good idea to close the contest to new guesses at a certain date or post number, eh?
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

nirab

Quoteappollo - 8/18/2016  9:55 AM

Jan.10 6:32pm 2017.Thanks for the contest. :-)

That's how ya do it, like appollo! :respekt:   Stalking, talking, waiting...git off yer arses and use dem prognostication skillz ya silly geeks, it's a contest, we ain't shootin' fish in a barrel!!!  :shy:  :biggrin:

I'm going with Jan. 4th, 10:27pm 2017...for my prognostication skillz tell me so...but really, I'm just guessing!!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

shakinghorizons

Quoteshakinghorizons - 8/17/2016  9:34 PM
I will close the contest at my 495th post.

Quotemillarddj - 8/18/2016  8:02 AM

Probably is a good idea to close the contest to new guesses at a certain date or post number, eh?

eh?  :lmao:

shakinghorizons

All these January guessing are cracking me up! Guess I need to slow down my posting.

GameOfCigars

I want to hold my post off until he hits about 420 or so, get an idea for post frequency/day
"If you get hooked on scotch, then everything else just tastes wrong."

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=GameOfCigars

nirab

Quoteshakinghorizons - 8/18/2016  12:13 PM

All these January guessing are cracking me up! Guess I need to slow down my posting.

It ain't a contest if ya skewer it up!    :angry:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

shakinghorizons

I might just go for 100 posts today to skew everything!

nirab

Quoteshakinghorizons - 8/18/2016  2:49 PM

I might just go for 100 posts today to skew everything!

Now, that would be a skewed thing to do... :shy:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Brlesq

Quoteshakinghorizons - 8/18/2016  11:13 AM

I think January might be just about right based upon your posting history!  386 post in a little over 20 months.  About 19 posts per month. :?:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

shakinghorizons

QuoteBrlesq - 8/18/2016  6:46 PM

Quoteshakinghorizons - 8/18/2016  11:13 AM

I think January might be just about right based upon your posting history!  386 post in a little over 20 months.  About 19 posts per month. :?:

I understand logic.......but would I post a giveaway 5 months in advance? I might have a trick or two up my sleeve!

appollo

Colin I think you are turning into a post whore :biggrin: and this thread is adding to the problem :lmao:

shakinghorizons

That might be the trick I have up my sleeve. ......or a tiny midget hooker.

tjm0831

November 30, 10pm. Thanks for the contest!

MacMac

Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

shakinghorizons

QuoteMacMac - 8/19/2016  10:13 PM

October 20

What time?

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.