My first pass

Started by mrladams615, 08/29/2016 08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrladams615

This is a thread generated automatically by the Cigar Pass system to discuss the Cigar Pass named 'My first pass '.

Use this link to return back to the Cigar Pass.

bstessl

no other info?   no seeds?   I'll gamble....
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

05Venturer

your first post is starting a pass????

How about an introduction at least  :confused:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

bstessl

he's got 6 points...lol.   I'll gamble...lol

millarddj

Yeah, I'm no pro here, but I'm pretty sure there's gotta be some etiquette, even if unwritten, that one establish oneself a bit before starting a pass. Perhaps this was an accident while playing around with the pass tool?
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

bstessl

whatever,  someone jump on the herf!  link in my signature!

bstessl

In his defense, he did introduce himself before anyone replied to the pass.  "Hello from Nashville"

ninfiction

You and your odd schedule, I'm tempted, but an hour earlier would have been ideal.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

bstessl

An hour earlier, they were drafting!  (Sorry Lee, Hi-Jacking your thread)

nirab

I'd like an introduction as well...however, it is a bold newbie move, and really, Lee is the first to have skin in the game. Unless he is routing the pass back to himself after each stop! I'd like to see what he starts with...well...Lee?????? :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

headfirst

Hot tip for Lee:  make sure the pineapple white owl is in the seed list, those are popular around here!   :biggrin:
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Cfickter

I have done the last 4 or 5, in two right now.  Will watch from the sidelines on this one
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

mrladams615

Yikes - guys said I was new here.  I'm getting my education by fire i guess....ok with me!!! (c;
Ok here is what I'm thinking for starting list:
My Father Le Bijou 1922
Montecristo White Label
Opus X Lost City - 2
Alec Bradley Raices Cubanas 1941 Robusto
CAO Flathead Steel Horse Apehanger
Rocky Patel Vintage 1999 Robusto
Davidoff Winston Churchill (White Label) Robusto
two more TBD

I'm a new cigar smoker and learning as I go.  Love to get your guidance and suggestions too guys.  Thanks for the patience and tutoring!
Lee
 :angel:  :angel:  :angel:

mrladams615

Thanks for taking a chance on me brother....I put some more info in the thread on what I'm thinking to start.  Like I said I'm new and willing to learn here!  Lee :-)  :-)  :-)  :-)

mrladams615

one of you said Pineapple white owl should be in my seed list?  Seriously?  I'm happy to do that but.......not sure if that's a serious suggestion or joke.  I'm making no assumptions with this bunch. :cry:

headfirst

:lmao:  I was kidding.  That's a strong start for a seed list.   :goodluck:
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

bstessl

since Headfirst suggested it,  just send a few directly to him!  don't bother putting them in the pass.

ninfiction

The pass will go fine as long as you don't reroute it to yourself mid pass. There was a newbie that did that a year or 2 ago, it did not end well.

There's a great group of guys here and really all you need to do is seed it and get moving along...and keep up with it the forum.

Also if you're going to seed with the Opus and Davidoff I would change the upper limit of the price range. You also might want to add some basic rules...you can copy those from one of the other passes. mainly about what pricing to use etc. so puts and takes are at least equal.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

headfirst

Quotebstessl - 8/30/2016  1:41 PM

since Headfirst suggested it,  just send a few directly to him!  don't bother putting them in the pass.

If they show up in my mailbox I know where they're headed next!
-Charles Spurgeon

mrladams615

Ha - ok that's all the answer i need!!   :dancing:  :dancing:

Jackal

Quotemillarddj - 8/29/2016  10:48 PM

Yeah, I'm no pro here, but I'm pretty sure there's gotta be some etiquette, even if unwritten, that one establish oneself a bit before starting a pass. Perhaps this was an accident while playing around with the pass tool?

I see no issue with someone starting a pass right off.  It is not as if he wanted to join a pass without anyone knowing him (we have had some unknowns abscond with passes before).  Any risk is on his side.

It's a great way to establish oneself here.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Jackal

Quotemrladams615 - 8/30/2016  1:27 PM

Yikes - guys said I was new here.  I'm getting my education by fire i guess....ok with me!!! (c;
Ok here is what I'm thinking for starting list:
My Father Le Bijou 1922
Montecristo White Label
Opus X Lost City - 2
Alec Bradley Raices Cubanas 1941 Robusto
CAO Flathead Steel Horse Apehanger
Rocky Patel Vintage 1999 Robusto
Davidoff Winston Churchill (White Label) Robusto
two more TBD

I'm a new cigar smoker and learning as I go.  Love to get your guidance and suggestions too guys.  Thanks for the patience and tutoring!
Lee
 :angel:  :angel:  :angel:

You may want to throw a couple more in on top of this.  I have found that 11-14 sticks is a good seed.  It gives more variety.  Also, make sure taht you have enough room in your containers for some extra cigars.  Passes have a way of growing during their course.

Also, try and use lightweight containers.  shipping costs also can grow as the number of cigars increase, so keeping under a pound to start is a good idea.  Those disposable ziploc plastic containers work great.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

bstessl

lesson #13 - always listen to Jackal....

millarddj

Quotebstessl - 8/30/2016  6:19 PM

lesson #13 - always listen to Jackal....

:bigthumbs:
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

raize

Additionally, pay attention to whether there are any members from the GWN in the pass.  You typically want to stack them at the end of the pass and have them do there puts and takes virtually. Customs and shipping up North can be a bear...
An architect's most useful tools are an eraser at the drafting board, and a wrecking bar at the site.
- Frank Lloyd Wright

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=raize

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.