October Industry Sponsored Geek Critique

Started by nwb, 08/31/2016 11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwb

This critique has been generously sponsored by George Rodriguez of Rodrigo Cigars:

https://rodrigocigars.com/

Thank you for your generosity!  A special thank you goes out to Bruce (Brlesq) for coordinating!

The Chosen Cigar: Rodrigo Corona Project Vol.1

The Chosen Reviewers:

05Venturer
Cfickter
DRuff
Kman
RDF

This cigar shall be reviewed no later than September 25th.

Happy Smokin' gents! :smoker:
Chief of Shaft

nwb

Blended as a collaboration between the father and son team of William and Henderson Ventura and Rodrigo owner George Rodriguez, The Corona Project Vol. 1 delivers an all ligero blend of Dominican Criollo 98, Corojo, HVA, with a Sumatra Ecuador binder, finished in a maduro Broadleaf US Connecticut wrapper with a Pigtail cap and closed foot. Aged 1 full year prior to release.
Chief of Shaft

Cigary

Love Rodrigo Cigars...George is a great BOTL...you guys are in for a treat!

MacMac

Sounds like a good review is coming!
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

McBryde

Looks like the regular herf crew, I think y'all should all smoke them at the same time!

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

05Venturer

QuoteMcBryde - 8/31/2016  8:02 PM

Looks like the regular herf crew, I think y'all should all smoke them at the same time!

E

That was actually brought up tonight :biggrin:

I am really looking forward to this cigar :bigthumbs:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

05Venturer

Got my cigar(s) in the mail today. Really looking forward to reviewing this.
Big thanks to George Rodriguez for Sponsoring and Bruce for setting this up.
Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Brlesq

Looks like these started landing today with most reviewers.  Very nice of George to add a second sample for everyone.  Looking forward to your reviews, gentlemen.  I've smoked a bunch of these over the past year, and I know what I think of them.  :shy:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Brlesq

Just a reminder: One week left to review these.  I know that a couple of these are done already.  Thank you in advance to all the reviewers for taking the time to review this one!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

nwb

Chief of Shaft

DRuff

05Venturer

Kent

DRuff

Brlesq

Wow!  The results are in, and some high scores for a great cigar!  I excluded myself from this Geek Critique because I've been smoking this cigar for 3 or 4 years, and its always a favorite of mine, so I didn't want to skew the score.  But the results indicate that a lot of other folks enjoy it as much as I do!

Once again, a BIG THANKS to George Rodriguez (the Chief Amigo at Rodrigo Cigars) for donating the cigars and sponsoring this Geek Critique.  If you haven't checked out George's website yet, go to https://rodrigocigars.com/
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.