Uh....Sorry...new here...what's a pass?

Started by Terry Green, 09/26/2016 05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Green

Never heaters of such ...someone enlighten me please?

thx

ninfiction

A pass, typically "box pass", is a group of guys that kind of trade cigars. The person who creates the pass seeds the box with 15ish cigars. The box is then mailed to each person in the pass. Each person than takes a couple cigars they like and they put cigars of equal or greater value as replacements. Puts and Takes. The box is mailed to all the members, eventually returning to the person that started the pass.

Usually there is a theme for the pass. One going around now is the Maduro pass, so only maduro cigars are allowed, another is specific to small cigars.

Hopefully that helps a little.

There's some more info here: http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=15
This is not the admin you're looking for...

ntanner

What Brian said, and welcome to the group from New Mexico.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Longhorn

Terry - maybe this will answer a few more questions.

Welcome! :cigarman:

Here's your "unoffical" :welcome: kit!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Answers to frequently asked questions:

The vast amount of aficianados on this forum leave the cigar wrappers on their cigars. :smoker:

Many like a v-cut versus a straight cut, and many use kitty litter to stabilize the humidity in their humidors, but the Boveda humi-paks and Heartfelt beads are also well liked.

Xikar hygrometers (note the "g" and not a "d" in hygrometer) are frequently recommended on this forum. If you ask how to calibrate one, you'll get pointed to Google.

Lighters are all over the board with many opting for the cost effective Ronson butane jet lighters while others prefer Xikars, large table top lighters, cedar spills, matches, car lighters, blow torches, fire pits - pretty much anything that's on fire.

Any science related questions about relative humidity and temperature have been discussed ad nauseum.  But, if you feel the urge to ask, ignore what everyone posts except Jackal - he's the resident scientist. :respekt:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Insights into the Cigar Geeks communty:

Any thread that starts with "NSFW" gets tons of views during working hours and when one of the resident gurus named Bob posts one of his infrequent "getting everyone caught up on what Bob's been doing" thread you'll get plenty of :lmao: responses.  

Don't post anything about ISOM's anywhere but the ISOM thread.  Otherwise, you'll get a bunch of  non-sensical responses.  :confused:   Cuban cigars are illegal in the U.S. :shades:

Please resize your pictures before posting so you don't fire-up the curmudgeons on this site.  :hityou:

"Bombs" are not bombs, but gifts.  Some on here refer to them as "kisses".  Whatever you call them, it is not polite to broadcast you're sending a bomb(s) or solicit to be bombed.  :nono:  Doing the latter will subject you to a mailbox full of dog rockets and a lifetime of ridicule here. :shamebag:  You are, however, encouraged to acknowledged being bombed and there's a thread for doing just that.

Hopefully, you like to see pictures of midget pole dancers - those pop up from time to time. :-0

Passes are generally off limits to new folks until you have a few posts under your belt or have a veteran vouch for you.  Same with selling, buying, or trading - you'll be expected to execute your end of the transaction first until you gain the confidence of some of the members.  If you plan to do any of this, best to get a PooPal account if you don't already have one.

The Obi-Wan Kenobi of the site is Señor Pablo - when he speaks, we listen.  :bow:

PIF's (Pay It Forward) are a great way to earn credibility here.  There's several threads devoted to them. Just be sure to read the ground rules before jumping in or review the extensive threads to get an idea of what they're about.

If disagreements occur, the Gurus usually come through with sage advice - heed their warnings as they carry a lot of power (well, we let them think that anyway :whistle:).

Please consider joining CRA if you are not already a member - it gets you a cool badge that shows up under your name on posts. :thumbsup:  Another easy way to earn a badge is to support the "Cigars for Troops" event that usually occurs in the early Fall.  :usa:

Finally, welcome to our community - in the end, it's about the enjoyment of cigars and pipes, developing friendships with others who share common interests and passions, and enhancing your knowledge of our hobby!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:goodluck:

appollo

:welcome: From Nova Scotia Enjoy the site Terry.

MacMac

Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

toby2

tjm0831

nirab

Welcome from beeuudaful Buda, Texas!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Terry Green

Guru....I'm lost....think I'll light one up.

headfirst

Longhorns welcome kit is your guide, and passes are pretty fun so hop on board one when you see the chance.

Welcome from LA!
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.