2016 Cigars for Troops Contest

Started by raize, 10/07/2016 07:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raize

So I'll start this one in an attempt to encourage late/last minute donations.  The rules are pretty simple as a sort of reverse-Price-is-Right kinda thing.  Whomever guesses the closest to the final tally for CFT sticks without going *under* wins.  Keep this in mind and hopefully it will keep the guesses on the higher end.  One guess per person but you can change your guess.  Contest closes on Oct 28, 2016, giving you all 3 weeks to get your guess in. Winner will recieve a premium-grade fiver (think Padron, Liga, etc.) and perhaps a hitchhiker or two.  And... go!

**Edit**: Quick caveat, you must donate to CFT in order to be eligible to win.
An architect's most useful tools are an eraser at the drafting board, and a wrecking bar at the site.
- Frank Lloyd Wright

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=raize

biggsy16

Never done being a Dad

raize

Really? One guess? Ya bunch of jerks.
An architect's most useful tools are an eraser at the drafting board, and a wrecking bar at the site.
- Frank Lloyd Wright

appollo

ninfiction

I'm going to start at 1458, seems to be dragging this year hopefully the last 3 weeks pick up here.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

headfirst

Great idea Jason, like Stephen, I'll bide my time with my guess. ;-)
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

freakydeakydutchman

im not gonna wuss out and saayyyyy 1234
"when a guy does something stupid once, well that's because he's a guy. But if he does the same stupid thing twice, that's usually to impress some girl."
Dr. Suess

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=freakydeakydutchman

Vroomp

I'll go with 1104...  Thanks for the contest~!
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

johncw

thanks for the contest. I'll say 1300 so I don't forget to guess.

tjm0831

1149.  Thanks for the contest!

nirab

I'm gonna guess somewhere around...oh let's say...wait...um...crap! Lost count in my head, let me get back to ya on this!  :biggrin:  :shy:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

raize

Only 1 week left. Get your guesses in.
- Frank Lloyd Wright

ntanner

1254 sounds like a good number.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Brlesq

1173.  Thanks for the contest
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Dave S.

:thanx:

"There are not enough Indians in the world to defeat the Seventh Cavalry."

George Armstrong Custer

bstessl

1280  Thanks for the contest!
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

Gustoff

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
 ~Ernest Hemingway

headfirst

Changing my guess:  1111
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

05Venturer

Thanks for the contest
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

appollo

I will put my first bid in at 1387 :-) Thanks for the contest Jason. :thumbsup:

raize

Only a few days left to get cigars in and o post your guesses... get on it ya lazy bums
- Frank Lloyd Wright

jagfandaddy

"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle."
 George Burns

nirab

after much contemplation, meditation and investigation...ok, I just thought of a number, as my prognostication skills are minimal at best...my guess is 1351.. .did I win???  :confused:  :lmao:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

nwb

If I'm eligible, I'll go with 1,325.  If not, no worries.
Chief of Shaft

Vroomp

Quotenwb - 10/28/2016  5:41 PM  If I'm eligible, I'll go with 1,325.  If not, no worries.

You will only be ineligible if you win~! :biggrin:  

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.