Happy greetings from Eugene Oregon

Started by Mister E, 10/14/2016 04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister E

Quick intro. I've smoked cigars for 3 quarters of my life but didn't get serious until recently. I have a favorite cigar that I indulge myself with every couple years. Recently I've been intrigued by Sweet Tips. I've tried a few in the last month but am looking for input on which one is the best according to the community. If you're a Sweet Tip aficionado could you please recommend a good smoke in a Corona ring size.

Brlesq

Sorry I can't help with that, but welcome to CG!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

appollo

:welcome: From Nova Scotia.I haven't tried any sweet tips its not my thing I like AKA Hybrid ABS,Caldwel Eastern Standard Marble House,and there are some real nice crowned heads.Experiment the next one could be the one.Just enjoy :-)

gitfiddl

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

bstessl

Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

benchjockey

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Mister E

Thanks for the recommendation on the Baccarat's Definitely one that I want to try. What I'm looking for in particular is an everyday cigar that has a long lasting sweetness on the lips. My go to right now is Finck's Blue Agave. Please don't suggest Swisher Sweets, I want a real cigar LOL.

ninfiction

Welcome Alan! I'm not a big fan of sweetened caps myself but there are several including Acids, CAO has some. I think the majority are also infused with the sweetened cap...oh Nat Sherman makes one, Host, I don't think it is sweetened but the one I had sure tasted like it.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

toby2

ntanner

Try a Drew Estates Natural. Good cigar that isn't infused and has a sweetened tip. And welcome from a born and raised Oregonian currently doing my 40 years in New Mexico.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

05Venturer

:welcome: from NW Wisconsin
I agree with Neal, try the Drew Estate Natural Series
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

gitfiddl

QuoteMister E - 10/14/2016  7:52 PM

Thanks for the recommendation on the Baccarat's Definitely one that I want to try. What I'm looking for in particular is an everyday cigar that has a long lasting sweetness on the lips. My go to right now is Finck's Blue Agave. Please don't suggest Swisher Sweets, I want a real cigar LOL.

The Blue Agave was actually my next suggestion.  The Baccarats are actually pretty good cigars and far better than the Fincks IMHO and are at a price point that they could be an everyday cigar.  The only other cigars with a "sweetened cap" in my stash are "infused" stuff from Drew Estate (ACID, Tabak Especiale).  And don't knock Swishers!  If you look hard enough, you can still find what is left of their hand-rolled "real cigars" online.

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

johncw

Cfickter

Welcome  to Geeks from Pittsburgh
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Longhorn

Welcome! :cigarman:

Here's your "unoffical" :welcome: kit!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Answers to frequently asked questions:

The vast amount of aficianados on this forum leave the cigar wrappers on their cigars. :smoker:

Many like a v-cut versus a straight cut, and many use kitty litter to stabilize the humidity in their humidors, but the Boveda humi-paks and Heartfelt beads are also well liked.

Xikar hygrometers (note the "g" and not a "d" in hygrometer) are frequently recommended on this forum. If you ask how to calibrate one, you'll get pointed to Google.

Lighters are all over the board with many opting for the cost effective Ronson butane jet lighters while others prefer Xikars, large table top lighters, cedar spills, matches, car lighters, blow torches, fire pits - pretty much anything that's on fire.

Any science related questions about relative humidity and temperature have been discussed ad nauseum.  But, if you feel the urge to ask, ignore what everyone posts except Jackal - he's the resident scientist. :respekt:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Insights into the Cigar Geeks communty:

Any thread that starts with "NSFW" gets tons of views during working hours and when one of the resident gurus named Bob posts one of his infrequent "getting everyone caught up on what Bob's been doing" thread you'll get plenty of :lmao: responses.  

Don't post anything about ISOM's anywhere but the ISOM thread.  Otherwise, you'll get a bunch of  non-sensical responses.  :confused:   Cuban cigars are illegal in the U.S. :shades:

Please resize your pictures before posting so you don't fire-up the curmudgeons on this site.  :hityou:

"Bombs" are not bombs, but gifts.  Some on here refer to them as "kisses".  Whatever you call them, it is not polite to broadcast you're sending a bomb(s) or solicit to be bombed.  :nono:  Doing the latter will subject you to a mailbox full of dog rockets and a lifetime of ridicule here. :shamebag:  You are, however, encouraged to acknowledged being bombed and there's a thread for doing just that.

Hopefully, you like to see pictures of midget pole dancers - those pop up from time to time. :-0

Passes are generally off limits to new folks until you have a few posts under your belt or have a veteran vouch for you.  Same with selling, buying, or trading - you'll be expected to execute your end of the transaction first until you gain the confidence of some of the members.  If you plan to do any of this, best to get a PooPal account if you don't already have one.

The Obi-Wan Kenobi of the site is SeƱor Pablo - when he speaks, we listen.  :bow:

PIF's (Pay It Forward) are a great way to earn credibility here.  There's several threads devoted to them. Just be sure to read the ground rules before jumping in or review the extensive threads to get an idea of what they're about.

If disagreements occur, the Gurus usually come through with sage advice - heed their warnings as they carry a lot of power (well, we let them think that anyway :whistle:).

Please consider joining CRA if you are not already a member - it gets you a cool badge that shows up under your name on posts. :thumbsup:  Another easy way to earn a badge is to support the "Cigars for Troops" event that usually occurs in the early Fall.  :usa:

Finally, welcome to our community - in the end, it's about the enjoyment of cigars and pipes, developing friendships with others who share common interests and passions, and enhancing your knowledge of our hobby!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:goodluck:

Gustoff

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
 ~Ernest Hemingway

MacMac

Hi from Lake Gaston. I like Drew Estate Acids.
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

DonM

Welcome from the Sunshine State!  Grew up north of you in Albany

"The Curmudgeon"

terrys1991

"I feel a whole lot more like I do right now, than I did a while ago"

Otter

R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

nirab

Welcome from beeuudaful Buda, Texas!! :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:

I'm not a huge fan of sweet tip cigars, but I do enjoy a Bobalu Brown Label from time to time. Give em a shot, this is a good one!  :bigthumbs:

http://www.bobalu.com/cigar/wrappers/maduro/brown-maduro.html
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

ebernabe

Otter

Welcome to the group! I'd recommend the higher end of Bacarat, the La Fontana...
R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

Vroomp

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.