What's up with 5 Vegas Miami?

Started by gitfiddl, 12/06/2016 05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitfiddl

I loved the pre-2014 Don Pepin Garcia versions, but never tried any of the new 2014 and later George Rico versions.  They are still listed on the 5 Vegas website, but CI doesn't list them on their "Big List Of Brands" page.  If you go to the broader 5 Vegas listing, the Miami is still listed, but when you click on the link, it shows all vitolas as "out of stock" and there's this ominous message:  "NOTE: We thought these were all gone, but during our yearly clean-out we found one last batch. Act fast and save BIG on one of the best 5 Vegas blends ever."  http://www.cigarsinternational.com/cigars/75241/5-vegas-miami/

I'm an admitted 5 Vegas whore (love most of their stuff other than some of the Limitadas), but I'd heard there was a pissing contest with Don Pepin Garcia which led to his bailing on the Miami line.  And while I like some of the Gran Habano/Rico family's stuff, they pale in comparison with the Garcia family's cigars IMHO.

Thoughts?

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

05Venturer

I have enjoyed the miami series also

they have a few on the devil site if your interested brother
http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Search/?cb_search_box=5+vegas+miami
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

DonM

I still have a few of the original DPG 5 Vegas Miami  :biggrin:

"The Curmudgeon"

tvolball

That is the only 5 Vegas cigar I have ever liked
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

nirab

QuoteDonM - 12/7/2016  8:02 AM

I still have a few of the original DPG 5 Vegas Miami  :biggrin:

ditto :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Cfickter

Have had limited success with the 5 Vegas line but do like a few
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

jharrisx5

I smoked one of the newer ones recently and thought it was quite good
Puff Puff Give....

toby2

Quotenirab - 12/7/2016  10:06 AM  
QuoteDonM - 12/7/2016  8:02 AM  I still have a few of the original DPG 5 Vegas Miami  :biggrin:
ditto :biggrin:

yup! 

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.