Bad Santa

Started by raize, 12/09/2016 07:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raize

An architect's most useful tools are an eraser at the drafting board, and a wrecking bar at the site.
- Frank Lloyd Wright

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=raize

headfirst

Advice a lot of kids nowadays need to hear, Mom needs a chill pill too. :violin:
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Jackal

When did shaming become a bad thing?  People generally are getting shamed because they are engaging in behavior that they should be ashamed of.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Cfickter

Ahhhhh, what a shame, poor little boy, he is he kind that has a wall full of participation trophies, unless he ate them!
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

toby2

QuoteJackal - 12/9/2016  1:53 PM  When did shaming become a bad thing?  People generally are getting shamed because they are engaging in behavior that they should be ashamed of.

:thumbsup:

we know just who to blame, the mother and the father. oompa loompa doobity do!

appollo

I believe it is not Santa's place to give out this advice.In the spirit of what he stands for this is not what he should be doing.This advice should be given  out by parents or some  other professional in this field.Yes he is  bad Santa :-(

Jackal

Quoteappollo - 12/9/2016  5:07 PM

I believe it is not Santa's place to give out this advice.In the spirit of what he stands for this is not what he should be doing.This advice should be given  out by parents or some  other professional in this field.Yes he is  bad Santa :-(

It is kind of hypocritical that a 350lbs man who survives on cookies left out by kids (and lots of Scotch) is giving out weight loss tips.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

shakinghorizons

Boo frick'n hoo!

raize

Quoteappollo - 12/9/2016  7:07 PM

Seriously?  The entire concept of Santa is all about judgement. Good behavior = presents, bad behavior = coal.  I would say overindulgence to the point of obesity would be considered bad behavior. If the patents don't have the balls to call it like it is, at least someone does.
An architect's most useful tools are an eraser at the drafting board, and a wrecking bar at the site.
- Frank Lloyd Wright

appollo

Quoteraize - 12/9/2016  8:42 PM

Seriously?  The entire concept of Santa is all about judgement. Good behavior = presents, bad behavior = coal.  I would say overindulgence to the point of obesity would be considered bad behavior. If the patents don't have the balls to call it like it is, at least someone does.
Pointing out my childrens problems is my job. Period.Appearence is a minor issue,like buck teeth or acme.Yes being over weight is an issue but it is minor compared to other problems they could have.
    In a perfect world we would all be the perfect weight,height ,life isn't like that.WE all have issue and I know one thing I don't need Santa pointing it out,when all he or she should be asking is what would you like for Christmas and have you been a good boy or girl.
  There that was my rant. :-)

raize

Quoteappollo - 12/9/2016  10:10 PM

Quoteraize - 12/9/2016  8:42 PM

Pointing out my childrens problems is my job. Period.Appearence is a minor issue,like buck teeth or acme.Yes being over weight is an issue but it is minor compared to other problems they could have.
    In a perfect world we would all be the perfect weight,height ,life isn't like that.WE all have issue and I know one thing I don't need Santa pointing it out,when all he or she should be asking is what would you like for Christmas and have you been a good boy or girl.
  There that was my rant. :-)

I'm not saying I disagree, I just think it's pathetic that, in the day in which we live, this is in the national news.  Looking at all the terrible s**t happening in this world, the fact that this is deemed news is a joke.  If the parents have that much of an issue, take it up with whomever is employing the guy and leave it at that.  He said something he probably shouldn't have and apologized for it.  The fact that the kid sat in a corner crying over some relatively benign comment speaks volumes to how he is being raised.
- Frank Lloyd Wright

Rebecca Silverwolf

Yes, I think the kid probably took it harder than was necessary. Kid needs a thicker skin. Still doesn't mean that the Santa wasn't horribly out of line, and had it been my kid, that dude's manager would have gotten an earful. As much as I look at pussified whiners and think they are morons, I also question why people think it's so damnably necessary in life to be so damn judgemental of everyone else. Honestly, that kid already knows he's fat. I have little doubt that his s**t-beast classmates make sure he hears about it pretty much daily. Santa's only concern should be whether or not the kid is behaving. If he had wanted to make some kind of point, he could have phrased it as "Make sure you are eating your vegetables" or something like that. This dude has no way of knowing if there is a valid reason this kid is carrying extra weight or not. It was mean spirited, and something wholly out of line for a Santa.
"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.