Hello ALL!!

Started by 1sgjeffward, 12/10/2016 04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1sgjeffward

Well has been 3 surgeries since the last time I talked to any of you! I'm still alive and have another hopefully only 1 surgery to go and be done. In a nutshell they are going to plant a chip in my brain so that small electrical jolts or something like that can moderate and hopefully completely stop the micro seizures. They do a last check on the 15th so I might be down again starting then if needed they tell me to expect it to be 30-45 days from then for it to happen.

One thing that has been bugging me badly, of course I cannot remember details, I owe my part of a trade to somebody?? If you get this shoot me a message and LMK where and what I owe would like to take care of this Monday if possible.

That's about it for me haven't been able to smoke a cigar for 8 months now but will start again after this next stage. Hope everyone is well in case I don't get a chance Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you my friends.

Jeff Ward
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

Mautrak

Good to hear from you again, brother.

toby2

great to hear from ya! your new nickname is going to have to be cyborg! :biggrin: i hope that takes care of it for you bro. i bet it's pretty up there at your cabin this time of year. you have a nice place to recover!

DonM

Great of you to think of us and pop back in!  I hope all goes well for you over the Holidays and the near future.  I bet you cant wait for that 1st cigar.

Cheers!

"The Curmudgeon"

Rebecca Silverwolf

Good to hear from you. Hope you have a good Holiday and Happy New Year.
"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

tvolball

Good to hear from you Jeff. Merry Christmas brother!
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

Otter

Great to hear from you Jeff. I am hoping the procedure works as advertised!
R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

SenorPablo

Great to hear from you Jeff.  Glad to hear your recovery is going well.  Hope to see you around again.  Take care.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Vroomp

Great seeing you posting again Jeff~! Hope everything goes well and hope to see you back full time soon. :bigthumbs:

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

tjm0831

Glad you're doing well enough to spend time with us on here, brother.  Here's to modern medicine!   :cheers:

1sgjeffward

Ya I did try there for a bit to be around but with not being able to smoke and haven't bought a cigar in over 8 months it kind of killed me. Good news is that I have had all the time in the world to make sure that every single one of the over 8,000 cigars that I already have did nothing but get perfect aging conditions.

The chip they are putting in is about a 50/50 Dr. order and elective. What it is the damage that I had done to my head in the crash left some spots where there were cracks in my skull that have built up calcium over the past 3 years. Combine that with the scar tissue that I got on both frontal lobes has swollen over those same years. It sound like there is just a ton of pressure but there really isn't. When your dealing with the brain the Neuro Docs talk in micro and mini but there is the smallest pressure change when you add everything up. So, what that does is gives me what they refer to as MICRO Seizures while I sleep. Nothing that is going to kill me thus the elective part but with me only being 46 they don't like it and they are trying to predict and prevent any future issues. The strongest reason they have for the recommendation is that if it's implanted NOW when there isn't all that much negative activity it will heal VERY fast. The procedure actually becomes riskier with more activity so put it in place NOW and IF there are bigger problems later they already have the device implanted with 0 complications to take care of it.

Well there was more info than most of you probably wanted!

And you know what Toby I like that CYBORG! Seeing how I used to post about 300-400 times a month but I have been less that 700 away from being a GURU for over 2 YEARS now when I get a good month or so to get those done I think CYBORG CIGAR GURU is a good one  :meansmoke:
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

ninfiction

Good to hear things are going in a positive direction and hopefully you can get back to smoking again soon. Been a long road and you're traveling it like a champ. Keep it up!
This is not the admin you're looking for...

nirab

It's great to hear from you Jeff! Continued prayers and healing light to you my friend.  :biggrin:  :angel:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

vw77guy

Really good to hear from you Jeff.  I hope all goes well with the surgery and you have no future issues.  Keep recovering brother.

johncw

Great to hear from you Jeff! I hope your surgery goes well... Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Look forward to hearing from you sometime next year.

Beegerply

Glad to hear that things are looking up. Will continue to pry for you BOTL  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

Smokin surfer

Awesome. Happy to hear the hope in your post sir.

appollo

Good to hear from you.Sounds like everything is going good.Look foreword to more posts and the making of Guru status.Cool name. :thumbsup:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.