Fundraiser/Giveaway

Started by shakinghorizons, 01/18/2017 12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shakinghorizons

I hate to call on the Geeks to assist, but they have no where else to turn.

A very good friend of mine had a friend pass away. He was on a lung transplant list (both lungs) but unfortunately passed away Monday. He had no family support (his insurance ran out and was forced to live with his ex-wife). His ex found him laying on the ground and didn't call 911..........so no family support. Long story short, my friend has decided to make funeral arrangements for him (so that the coroner doesn't just dispose of the body) and I am asking the Geeks to help where they can.

https://helphopelive.org/campaign/5997

The giveaway is that I will randomly select one person that has donated and send them a fiver based on their profile. I am sure by now that everyone knows I don't giveaway anything junk.

Thanks everyone in advance!!!!

Cfickter

Man that is no way to live or pass away.  What a great friend he has.
Will look at the link, thanks
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

shakinghorizons

clami

Sorry to hear about that.  Good luck with the fundraiser.  Prayers are with the family and friends.

shakinghorizons

Bringing this back to the front page............

millarddj

Every human person possesses an immutable, God-given dignity. A proper, dignified funeral should be available to everyone.
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

shakinghorizons

Quotemillarddj - 1/19/2017  10:01 AM

Every human person possesses an immutable, God-given dignity. A proper, dignified funeral should be available to everyone.

Completely agree!!! I am not one to ask for money.....ever.

I have made my donation in person as well as offering up a donation of cigars for an incentive for others to donate to this cause.

nirab

I plan on donating in the next couple of days, just gotta fit it in my budget. My prayers, and healing love to you, your friend, and family...
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

shakinghorizons

Quoteclami - 1/18/2017  2:29 PM

Sorry to hear about that.  Good luck with the fundraiser.  Prayers are with the family and friends.

Thanks Clay!

Quotenirab - 1/19/2017  10:52 AM

I plan on donating in the next couple of days, just gotta fit it in my budget. My prayers, and healing love to you, your friend, and family...

Thanks Brian!

shakinghorizons

Bumping this through the weekend and then I'll consider it a last cause.

shakinghorizons

Please let me know if you have donated so I can enter you in to the drawing!

shakinghorizons

clami

Wow, Colin is a very generous BOTL.  I knew he was, but this was way over the top.  Thanks - looks like I will be adding another tupperdor after all.

shakinghorizons

Thanks again for the donation!

The Tatuaje El Triunfador is from 2008, the Fuente and Padron have at least 4 years on them, and the unbanded was sent that way on purpose. All I will tell you is that it is an ISOM from 2014.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.