March Member Sponsored Geek Critique

Started by junglepete, 01/23/2017 03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by 05Venturer (Kent)

The Cigar: Sum Kral Red Knight Robusto 5 x 50

The Hype - A heavy aroma coupled with complex flavors grasps the smoker's attention from the very first draw to the final whispered puff. This Robusto will leave you in awe and transcending your very surroundings. Like many who make the crossover from cigar consumer to cigar maker, Riste Risteski found himself disappointed by the majority of cigars on the market, many of which happened to be Cuban. So he did something about it: started a brand called Jas Sum Kral.

Translated from Macedonian, the name means "I am king," something which he describes as an easy choice given his Macedonian heritage and being "large in stature and personality." But more than just create a brand and let someone else do the blending, he wanted to be as hands-on as possible, and after doing his due diligence on which factory would be right for him, partnered with Noel Rojas and his New Order of the Ages (NOA) factory in EstelĂ­, Nicaragua.

Risteski sought out to make a cigar that kept the better aspects of Cuban profiles, while also adding his own spin on the flavor and presentation. The first cigar to be released is the Red Knight, which had been sold on the Jas Sum Kral website before hitting stores.

The Reviewers:

Criteria: Must have done 5 Reviews in the past. Also must not have done a review in January or February or are slated for one in the future.

Shipping Restrictions: Limited to US addresses.

1. ntanner (Neal)
2. Rebecca Silverwolf (Rebbeca)
3. millarddj (Dan)
4. StogieDad (Michael)
5. Druff (Doug)

Due date: February 25, 2017

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this new initiative in place.

Thanks again to Kent for taking this one on and providing the cigar. THANKS!! And happy smokin'  :smoker:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Cfickter

Unfortunately just did the Roma Craft one, so will defer to others, BUT?
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

nirab

I just did the Feb GC or I'd be tossing my name in the hat...been wanting to try these for a while...jump on it geeks!!  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

ntanner

I haven't done any this year so I will volunteer if you will have me.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

05Venturer

"Criteria: Must have done 5 Reviews in the past. (Please ask Kent to Clarify)"

I would like the reviewers for this Critique to be Geeks who have put forth the time and effort to review a handful of cigars in the past and posted on Geeks and (to be honest) not just looking for a free smoke.  :biggrin:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

05Venturer

Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

DonM

Smoking the February Geek Critique now or I would be all over this one.  Step up Geeks!

"The Curmudgeon"

appollo

ntanner

Thanx Kent, really looking forward to trying this one.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Rebecca Silverwolf

Haven't done a critique for awhile. I'm in if you'll have me.
"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

millarddj

This one sounds interesting. I'd give it a shot - as long as by "reviews" you mean any, and not just Geek Critiques.
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

05Venturer

Kent

05Venturer

Kent

StogieDad

It's been a while, I would be glad to contribute Kent.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

05Venturer

Kent

DRuff

05Venturer

Doug fills this one up.
Thanks for the interest ladies and gentlemen.  :cool:
Kent

05Venturer

These will go out next week via USPS to give you all some time to let them rest a bit before reviewing.
Kent

DRuff

:dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:

:dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:

:dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  

bstessl

I can't wait to see the critiques on this!  Such an awesome cigar!
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

05Venturer

:angry:  :angry:
I see USPS raised the price on small flat rates yet AGAIN

Don (aka Stamp Bastid) needs to back off the OT
Kent

05Venturer

Everyone should see their cigars for this within the next few days.
All went out today. If you don't for some reason let me know ASAP :thumbsup:
Kent

ntanner

Will be watching for it. Thanx again Kent for including me in this one.

05Venturer

1. ntanner - 9405503699300479707591

2. Rebecca Silverwolf - 9405503699300479707607

3. millarddj - 9405503699300479707508

4. StogieDad - 9405503699300479707546

5. Druff - 9405503699300479707485

Everyone should have these by Friday
Kent

millarddj

Got mine today! Thanks for the tagalongs and quick shipping!
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.