2017 CG SB Squares - Winners n Cigars Posted!!

Started by nirab, 01/25/2017 09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nirab

Rob gave me the approval to run the contest this year, so here we go. It has been a challenge to fill up all the squares, so I came up with an idea that may limit the number of contestants, but assign more squares. Here is what I propose:

First set of squares sold is (10) at one time, and the requirements are:

(1) $15-20 cigar
(2) $10-15 cigar
(3) $5-10 cigar

So, each contestant must purchase the 10 square / 6 cigar package first. After that, you can buy individual squares. Cigar value determines how many squares you get. Here is the value of each cigar:

$15-20 cigar = 4 squares
$10-15 cigar = 2 squares
$5-10 cigar = 1 square

Once all the squares are sold, cigar prizes will be awarded as follows:

1st quarter winner - 20% of total cigars
2nd quarter winner - 20% of total cigars
3rd quarter winner - 20% of total cigars
Final score winner - 40% of total cigars

nirab bonus package - post up your prediction of winner and what you think the score will be: example...and my prediction too!
Falcons 33
Patriots 29

Winner of this contest will get a 5pk from yours truly

Send cigars to me, and please label each cigar with the dollar amount you are assigning it. Include $2-4 to help cover shipping to each winner, and I will cover the rest. If more money is collected than postage costs, I will donate the money to our local blood collection center.

I am leaving town on Thursday Feb. 2nd. so if y'all wanna do this, ya gotta act fast! If everyone posts what they are committing to in this thread, that will speed things up, and we can get all the cigars together and sent out after the Superbowl. Once we have 100 squares committed to, this thing is closed...first come, first served... so act fast!!

So...Who is IN?????? Confirmed so far is:

StogieDad
Cfickter
Clami
nonfiction
RDF
05 Venturer
johncw
nirab
bstessl
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

StogieDad

I'm in brother.  6 pack headed your way.  Do you want us to post a picture on the thread of what we are sending or just send along?
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

nirab

QuoteStogieDad - 1/25/2017  11:21 AM

I'm in brother.  6 pack headed your way.  Do you want us to post a picture on the thread of what we are sending or just send along?

Just send away, it'll be a nice mystery sampler to the winners. And please consider buying a few extra squares if you can...just a few...or a few more!! It would be nice to fill this up fast!

Thanks Michael!!  :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

StogieDad

Quotenirab - 1/25/2017  10:27 AM

Just send away, it'll be a nice mystery sampler to the winners. And please consider buying a few extra squares if you can...just a few...or a few more!! It would be nice to fill this up fast!

I will give some folks a couple days to join the fun so hopefully 10 can play.  But I will pick up more if needed.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

nirab

QuoteStogieDad - 1/25/2017  11:39 AM

Quotenirab - 1/25/2017  10:27 AM

I will give some folks a couple days to join the fun so hopefully 10 can play.  But I will pick up more if needed.

I hear ya!  :biggrin:  :angel:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Cfickter

Brian,  thanks for picking this up, I would like to play, getting a 6 pack off to you no later than Friday.

Will work on my score prediction

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

nirab

QuoteCfickter - 1/25/2017  12:19 PM

Brian,  thanks for picking this up, I would like to play, getting a 6 pack off to you no later than Friday.

Will work on my score prediction

Sounds good brother! 20 squares down!!

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

clami

Yeah!! Thanks for picking this up.  This has become my favorite part of the Superbowl.  Being from So. Cal, its the only thing I ever get to root for.  Put me down for 10 squares, will get the 6 pack out ASAP.  Will pick up more squares if other geeks don't jump on.

nirab

30 squares are gone...I'm gonna wait and see if we need to fill up squares before joining this one, so we have 70 squares left...all we need are 7 more geeks!! Or 6 if I join in... :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

ninfiction

This is not the admin you're looking for...

nirab

40 squares down! We need 5-6 more geeks to fill up the board... :bigthumbs:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

RDF

Nathan , I'm in for 10 squares.
HokieSmokes!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." H. Jackson Brown

05Venturer

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Cfickter

Come on boys and girls, almost there

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

nirab

QuoteRDF - 1/25/2017  8:01 PM

Nathan , I'm in for 10 squares.

who the f$%k is Nathan??? LOL!!! I got ya Randy!!

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

nirab

Alright, we have 60 squares filled, only need 3-4 more geeks. If the last spot is open, I would not mind playing, but would want the rest of you to approve of that before I join in. My wife is going to help me with the technical aspect of getting the Excel spreadsheet set up, and y'all can start picking squares soon. Numbers will be randomly assigned with a deck of cards.  

C'mon geeks, we are close to getting this filled!!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

RDF

Quotenirab - 1/26/2017  9:35 AM  
QuoteRDF - 1/25/2017  8:01 PM  Nathan , I'm in for 10 squares.

Brian, got a little dyslexic there. Thanks for setting this up.

HokieSmokes!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." H. Jackson Brown

johncw

I'm in for 10... I'll wait before sending out until I know if you need anymore filled.

Thanks,
John

nirab

John, you are in! Now we got 80 squares filled. Need 2 more geeks...

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

nirab

QuoteRDF - 1/26/2017  11:48 AM

Quotenirab - 1/26/2017  9:35 AM  
QuoteRDF - 1/25/2017  8:01 PM  Nathan , I'm in for 10 squares.

Brian, got a little dyslexic there. Thanks for setting this up.

Hey, I'm just bustin' balls...no worries brother! I believe you probably owe an apology to Nate, as I am a step or two down compared to him!!  :shy:  :lmao:  :lmao:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Cfickter

Quotenirab - 1/26/2017  1:47 PM  John, you are in! Now we got 70 squares filled. Need 2-3 more geeks. I am willing to fill a slot if y'all are ok with that.

Nathan  make sure you save 10 for yourself! 

nirab

QuoteCfickter - 1/26/2017  6:11 PM

Quotenirab - 1/26/2017  1:47 PM  John, you are in! Now we got 70 squares filled. Need 2-3 more geeks. I am willing to fill a slot if y'all are ok with that.

Nathan  make sure you save 10 for yourself! 

LOL!! I'll take this as an invite to play!! Count "Nate" in!!!  :biggrin:  :lmao:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

nirab

We have two more slots open to fill this bad boy up...c'mon...please!!  :biggrin:  :angel:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

ninfiction

This is not the admin you're looking for...

StogieDad

-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.