Sharks? :)

Started by bl18211, 02/21/2017 02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bl18211

need some more! Anyone out there have any they would part with?

...why did I have to like these so much?

DonM

They are a limited release and are usually gone before Christmas.  I have a few but am hanging on to what I got and a few are going to Punta Cana with me Sunday!

"The Curmudgeon"

headfirst

I've seen some and some eye of the shark in a shop a month ago, but the want $32/piece.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

sar127

Quotebl18211 - 2/21/2017  5:37 PM  need some more! Anyone out there have any they would part with?   ...why did I have to like these so much?  

You may get lucky here.

But if not, my best advice is get friendly with your local b&ms. Find out which get the biggest allotments, support them and when Father's Day or Xmas come around, beg and plead to buy a full box off them. You can never have too many sharks. Good Luck!

Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

craigwhite

Are you talking about Dark Sharks?

nirab

I'd love to scoop up a box. Perhaps my new part time job can make this a reality... :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

bl18211

whats a dark shark?

I am talking about Arturo Fuente Anejo 77 or The Eye of the Shark...

bl18211

Quoteheadfirst - 2/21/2017  11:05 PM

I've seen some and some eye of the shark in a shop a month ago, but the want $32/piece.

HOLY! That's insane pricing... and I live in NY where we get raped for cigars as it is...

bl18211

QuoteDonM - 2/21/2017  10:22 PM

They are a limited release and are usually gone before Christmas.  I have a few but am hanging on to what I got and a few are going to Punta Cana with me Sunday!

That's awesome man... enjoy Punta Cana - I was there last April, awesome place. Just watch out for all the fake cubans they try to sell

I bought some sticks there, they started at $500 a box, yes American money, and I ended up getting them for $60 bucks and I made them throw in a bottle of mama guana....

1029henry

Try the Tampa Sweethearts website.
"What a kid I got, I told him about the birds and the bees and he told me about the butcher and my wife"

"When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them"

"My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met"
-Rodney Dangerfield

headfirst

Quotebl18211 - 2/23/2017  2:52 PM

Quoteheadfirst - 2/21/2017  11:05 PM

HOLY! That's insane pricing... and I live in NY where we get raped for cigars as it is...

Yeah that seemed like probably double what they should be, but he had them and he knows they're sought after.  And some lady buying for her husband went for it...so there you go, he can get it.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

bl18211

Lets Bump this and see if any of my BOTL have any sticks for me ... looking for the Anejo 77 sharks... PM ME!

bstessl

Not trying to be rude, but how many times can you ask the same group, with most likely the same resources as last month, for a limited release cigar that the group has already given advice on.... Sorry, just seems fishy to me.
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

05Venturer

Quotebstessl - 3/15/2017  4:20 PM

Not trying to be rude, but how many times can you ask the same group, with most likely the same resources as last month, for a limited release cigar that the group has already given advice on.... Sorry, just seems fishy to me.

:hypno:  :kickyou:  :dukem:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

StogieDad

Regular Anejo Sharks aren't that hard to come by, you just have to be ready in June and November-December.  Yes some places jack them up, some sell at MSRP.

The problem is that the ones that like them stash whatever they have and aren't just unloading 10-15 because somebody wants them.  Then they have to source them again themselves.   Again, while not impossible, they are a tougher than normal card to pull.

May I suggest the other vitolas?  Have you tried the 46 or 50?  The 46 is my favorite Anejo, even more so than the Shark, and can be found much more readily even later in the season.  They release at the same time but don't sell as fast.

These fly around here in Wishlists and such because many of us can spare one, but a multiple sale may be tougher to pull off.  Good luck though!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

toby2

QuoteStogieDad - 3/15/2017  5:52 PM   These fly around here in Wishlists and such because many of us can spare one,

that's pretty much the only reason i keep some around. they are an ok cigar at best IMO. pretty cool to have in my HTF stash though. like wine and whiskey HTF doesn't  necessarily mean better than the rest though. AF has the best marketing gimmick of them all....

nirab

I'm always down for a few, but like Michael said...try some other sizes in the lineup. I prefer them to the Shark as well. Its fun to smoke a shark, and I do enjoy it...but I enjoy all of the Anejos... :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

bl18211

Quotenirab - 3/16/2017  1:18 PM

I'm always down for a few, but like Michael said...try some other sizes in the lineup. I prefer them to the Shark as well. Its fun to smoke a shark, and I do enjoy it...but I enjoy all of the Anejos... :biggrin:

I may take that advice and explore some of the other sizes.. but I am really fond of the sharks!

bl18211

Quote05Venturer - 3/15/2017  8:37 PM

Quotebstessl - 3/15/2017  4:20 PM

FISHY? What seems fishy about my post? I don't think there is any shame in asking for something I am looking for. In fact, this is exactly the place to ask for these types of things. Your average smoker isn't going to have these in their collection. In fact, almost every time I have asked, I have had someone reply that they were willing to part with some from their collection, and I have made some goof BOTL friends from it.

So nothing fishy at all here...

nirab

Quotebl18211 - 3/16/2017  4:27 PM

Quotenirab - 3/16/2017  1:18 PM

I may take that advice and explore some of the other sizes.. but I am really fond of the sharks!

Take my advice...do a follow up report, file your report as a cigar review here on CG, trying at least 3 different sizes...then, lets see what happens... :biggrin:  :angel:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

sar127

Quotenirab - 3/16/2017  6:12 PM Take my advice...do a follow up report, file your report as a cigar review here on CG, trying at least 3 different sizes...then, lets see what happens... :biggrin:  :angel:

Agreed! Lot of people like 77s and 46s. But I'm all about the 49s and 50s baby! :smoker::smoker::smoker:

Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

Cfickter

Quotebl18211 - 3/16/2017  3:29 PM  
Quote05Venturer - 3/15/2017  8:37 PM  
Quotebstessl - 3/15/2017  4:20 PM  Not trying to be rude, but how many times can you ask the same group, with most likely the same resources as last month, for a limited release cigar that the group has already given advice on.... Sorry, just seems fishy to me.
FISHY? What seems fishy about my post? I don't think there is any shame in asking for something I am looking for. In fact, this is exactly the place to ask for these types of things. Your average smoker isn't going to have these in their collection. In fact, almost every time I have asked, I have had someone reply that they were willing to part with some from their collection, and I have made some goof BOTL friends from it.   So nothing fishy at all here...

I think the comment is based on the fact that you have a total of 31 posts and the last 23, spread over 7 months, are entirely devoted to securing Sharks.  Now you are welcome to come and go as you please and more than welcome to stop by and ask for certain cigars.  I think you have seen are are a generous community.  Since you joined hundreds, if not thousands of new threads have been started.  Join in the conversation.

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

bl18211

Quotesar127 - 3/17/2017  4:37 AM

Quotenirab - 3/16/2017  6:12 PM Take my advice...do a follow up report, file your report as a cigar review here on CG, trying at least 3 different sizes...then, lets see what happens... :biggrin:  :angel:

Agreed! Lot of people like 77s and 46s. But I'm all about the 49s and 50s baby! :smoker::smoker::smoker:

Going to get out and find some now... I will see what I can do to broaden the horizons!

Jackal

Looking forward to trying the 8-8-8 that I got from jharrisx5.  Long and skinny.  Should be awesome.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

05Venturer

QuoteJackal - 3/17/2017  10:22 AM

Looking forward to trying the 8-8-8 that I got from jharrisx5.  Long and skinny.  Should be awesome.

Those ARE Awesome :bigthumbs:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.