Let's hear if for Arizona, Louisiana, Michigan and Texas!!

Started by amigodecigars, 02/22/2017 01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amigodecigars

FOUR STATES FILE BRIEF OPPOSING FDA CIGAR REGULATION.                                                                           “The government in D.C. may be a lot of things, but the people’s nanny shouldn’t be one of them”    

http://halfwheel.com/four-states-file-brief-opposing-fda-cigar-regulation/142716

"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

amigodecigars

A day after Arizona, Louisiana, Michigan and Texas filed a joint amicus curiae brief opposing the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA)’s regulation of premium cigars, a second brief has been filed, this time by Cause of Action Institute, a non-profit that says its dedicated to ensuring government decision-making is open and fair.  Like the states, the group’s friend of the court brief is in opposition to the current regulation of premium cigars by FDA. In it, the group argues FDA overstepped its legal authority in two ways. First, it failed to adequately and correctly study the U.S. premium cigar market, which led to misinformed choices. Second, FDA failed to conduct cost-benefit analysis.  “Simply put, FDA’s ‘Deeming Rule’ threatens to destroy a $20 billion industry and put at least 20,000 Americans out of work,” read the brief.  The brief was filed as part of the lawsuit brought by the Cigar Association of America (CAA), Cigar Rights of America (CRA) and the International Premium Cigar & Pipe Retailers Association (IPCPR) against FDA and the agency’s deeming regulations released last year.  Last week, attorneys for the three trade organizations filed for a motion of summary judgement centered around nine key points, two of which were the same points made in the brief filed by both the states and Cause of Action Institute.  A hearing on the lawsuit is scheduled for July 28, 2017.  Halfwheel.com
"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

benchjockey

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

amigodecigars

Senator Marco Rubio where are you?    A day after Arizona, Louisiana, Michigan and Texas filed a joint amicus curiae brief opposing the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA)’s regulation of premium cigars, a second brief has been filed, this time by Cause of Action Institute, a non-profit that says its dedicated to ensuring government decision-making is open and fair.  Cause of Action Institute is a 501(c)(3) public interest law firm which represents pro bono clients in government investigations and litigation in regulatory, constitutional, political and public law matters focused on ensuring the federal regulatory process is open, honest and fair.  Cause of Action Institute is a non-profit, nonpartisan government accountability organization that fights to protect economic opportunity when federal regulations, spending and cronyism threaten it.  http://causeofaction.org/

amigodecigars

President Trump took another step Friday to roll back government red tape, signing an executive order requiring every federal agency to form a “regulatory reform task force” that would root out regulations for repeal.   A day after chief strategist Steve Bannon vowed a "deconstruction of the administrative state," Trump directed each agency's task force to evaluate existing rules and identify which ones should be modified or sent to the chopping block. 

Joined in the Oval Office by business executives, Trump said "unnecessary” and “burdensome" regulations are “killing jobs” and “driving companies out of our country like never before." Those regulations, according to the White House, will be a focus of the new task forces. 

Trump said reducing the regulatory burden will “unleash economic activity.” 

Trump signed the order after delivering a rousing address to party faithful at the nearby Conservative Political Action Conference. The order builds on previous directives to find two regulations to cut for every new one proposed, and to freeze pending regulations.  While the latest measure takes this a step further, stripping existing regulations could ultimately require congressional involvement. 

In the first 30 days of his term, Trump has overseen a considerable slowdown in regulations, according to an analysis by The Hill. There has been a 72 percent decline in regulatory activity during the first month of the Trump administration compared with the last two months of then-President Barack Obama’s term.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.