El Septimo & D'Crossier cigars

Started by amigodecigars, 02/27/2017 02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amigodecigars

I want to thank Stogiedad for posting his review of the Flor D'Crossier Corona Gorda, which prompted me to find the factory.
I just returned from the factory in San Jose, Costa Rica where they are made. It is owned and operated by a Cuban, Jose Timoteo Gonzalez.  He also owns the brand "EL SEPTIMO"....http://www.el-septimo.ch/.....Switzerland.  The only place to buy them in the US is in Las Vegas.  He also makes cigars for other brands.  IsaiasSantana apparently was the distributor but the factory is Jose's and they no longer work together.  Jose will continue making the Selection 512 but will call it something else, maybe "Kalavera" with a skull logo.  It was called 512 because that was the number of Jose's house in Cuba.  He is Cuban and only speaks Spanish.  The wrapper is an Ecuadorian Habano. The Binder is a Costa Rican Sumatra. The Filler is both Dominican and Costa Rican. Flor de D'Crossier Selection No. 512 is available in six vitolas and fifteen count tins.  Photo's of Jose's factory.
"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

StogieDad

Very cool dude!  I likes me those 512s!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

cavenbk

Those lanceros are awesome as well. Thanks for the pictures and info.
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

G Von K

Hello! I have just registered here, and I am so happy to find such a goldmine! It's my first time in San Jose, Costa Rica, and I am desperately looking for the factory you mentionned in your post...could you by any chance give me the adress? It would really save my day :) Thanks by advance...

appollo

benchjockey

Nice photos, good looking smokes.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

amigodecigars

Hi Clem, 

I live in Puriscal, CR.  Jose also has a farm in Puriscal and if you can visit Puriscal I will show you the other factory in town called Tabacos de CR.  The phone number for Jose's farm in Santa Marta is 2416-3380 and my phone # is 8301-2689.   Jose's office in San Jose, his cell # is 8835-7984, Spanish only, and he is coming to Puriscal today.

"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

G Von K

Thank you so much John!!!

I had to fly back to France earlier than expected but my job will allow me to come back soon, and several times in the year. I will definitely call you next time, which might be in december. I'll bring a nice bottle of wine in my suitcase ;) Again, thanks a lot!!

amigodecigars

The weather will be great in December, the beginning of our summer, and the locals celebrate Christmas for a month.  My contact info. and Puriscal information can be found at: www.puriscaltimes.com

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.