CigarGeeks Fantasy Baseball - 2017 (Season in full swing!)

Started by StogieDad, 03/10/2017 07:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StogieDad

Back by popular demand, I have reactivated last years league to go again. We will auto draft as soon as we fill, same rules as last year. If you played last year, just log on to ESPN and you are already in the league. Just post here to acknowledge you are back in. If you played last year and would like to bow out, post as well. No harm no foul. New entries are open, but I need a post here and I will send an invite.

10 pack for the winner, 1 Super Premium for the All Star Break leader, and a couple dog rockets for the worst record, all sent to me up front so nobody gets shafted. Worked great last year), everybody paid.

Here is last years thread, the winnings were superb!!!

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=42544.0

Who wants to PLAY BALL???!!!

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

StogieDad

So far 7 or the 9 players last year have confirmed.  All teams are active now and in the league, you should be able to log in.

I will PM Stephen and Nick to see if they want to play.  Even if they do, we have at least one open spot if anybody is interested in joining, that would round us out to 10.  I will take in groups of 2 after that if anybody who is not in the league wants to join.  Just post up if you do.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

nirab

Michael, can you clarify what we are sending to you? I understand the All-Star break cigar, and some deelish dog rockets for the toilet bowl champ, but what are we sending in for the league champ? You stated a 10pk for the league winner at the top of the thread, but that seems mighty low.  :confused:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

StogieDad

Quotenirab - 3/10/2017  9:29 AM

Michael, can you clarify what we are sending to you? I understand the All-Star break cigar, and some deelish dog rockets for the toilet bowl champ, but what are we sending in for the league champ? You stated a 10pk for the league winner at the top of the thread, but that seems mighty low.  :confused:

We were sending a 10pk apiece, plus the 1 super premium for the All Star, and 2 or 3 dog rockets.  I split the lot of 10pks around 70-30 between the champ and runner up, so last year the champ got a little over 60 smokes and the runner up got about 30 I think since we had 9 players at ten sticks apiece.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

nirab

OK, thank you for clarifying. I'd like to suggest a "wild card" prize for 3rd place.

100 cigars

60 to first place
30 to second place
10 to the wild card...aka third place...

Just a suggestion, since there are many changes coming to our beloved game, and we already have the wildcard, I figure, why not? I did not like the idea of the wild card when it first came out, but I've grown to love it...especially in 2002!! GO HALOS!!

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

nkowal

If you need someone I'm happy to play. I've mostly stopped playing fantasy baseball this year, so might not be as competitive as year's past, but I know sometimes its hard to find bodies to run a league - so let me know and I'll be in.

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

ninfiction

I am in! I logged in the other day, but I'll double check tonight.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Cfickter

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

nirab

How many we got so far? I'd sure like to avoid having a bye week. That was not cool... :notamused:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

StogieDad

If we lose Stephen and ebernabe and nkowal play, we have 9 again.  If we get one more or nkowal decides to sit out, we are back to an even number
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

nirab

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Cfickter

ebernabe

klamm143

Hello,

I just joined the site - but am a long time fantasy sports player and cigar smoker. Are there any spots left in your leagues? If so, count me in - send me the info link.

Kevin Lamm
Raleigh, NC
klamm143@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

StogieDad

Quoteklamm143 - 3/22/2017  2:56 AM

Hello,

I just joined the site - but am a long time fantasy sports player and cigar smoker. Are there any spots left in your leagues? If so, count me in - send me the info link.

Kevin Lamm
Raleigh, NC
klamm143@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Thanks for the interest.  This is where we stand.  Since we send sticks ahead of time, not much risk in letting a newb play.  However, I am waiting on nkowal to decide to play.  If he is in, I can let you in and that puts us at 10, I will close and draft.  If he is out, I am trying to keep at even numbers so no bye weeks, so I would be closed at 8 unless someone else jumps in with you as well.  I have a feeling he will play, but we shall see.  I will update you guys as soon as I hear.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

StogieDad

Disregard.  Nick PM'd me he is in, so Kevin you can play and we are at 10.  But as a newb, I need to get a jump on getting your prize packs out.  I will email you, as soon as you acknowledge and get back, we will get this done.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Cfickter

Welcome Kevin, thank you for your donation to my cigar collection!

klamm143

No problem.......with 2 ex wives and 4 kids.....I do a lot of DONATING.............then again, every now and then I get lucky and run the table. SOOOOOOOOOOOOO let the long 6 month baseball season arse whoopin begin!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck to you all...........................(not)  :dancing:
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

nirab

If I don't win, I hope you do...except Kevin!  :shy:  :shy:  :biggrin:

Welcome to CG Kevin!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

klamm143

Thanks for the WARM FRIENDLY welcome..........LOL. GO AHEAD............bash on the newb..........its all good. After years of A$$ chewings and divorces.....there is nothing left for you guys to get except "SCAR TISSUE"...........I expect no less.

Now - on the distinct possibility that my Fantasy Team defeats your bunch of scrubs - well - I will revel in the plumbs of free quality smokes - washed down with Grey Goose shots, feet up on the brick fire pit at The Angus Barn - consuming Shrimp Cocktails and Pittsburg Rare 22oz prime cut Filet Angus Steaks - and not once will I feel sorry for you fellas'....

Game on..................
Kevin R. Lamm

StogieDad

Well then welcome aboard.  I will send an invite from the league today.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

StogieDad

I am assuming we want to auto draft again this year.  So, I am going to shoot for a Tuesday draft day, get all of your pre-draft rankings done if you want to change them so this can go through and we all have set rosters a few days before Opening Day.  Any objections to Tuesday?
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

johncw

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.